Senior Community Based PSS Assistant (National Staff Only)
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate who can fit the position of Senior Community Based PSS Assistant in Akkar.
Who are we?
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
Build the capacity of and empower the community to provide vulnerable children and caregivers with community based PSS, Child Protection (CP) and GBV key messages and information on services and identify and refer vulnerable children and caregivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify safe spaces to provide community based PSS (CB PSS) that adhere to the quality checklists for center-based and outreach activities shared at the inter-agency level
• Ensure CB PSS is delivered in line with global minimum standards and national inter-agency SOPs/standards
• Identify vulnerable children and caregivers in need of CB PSS in line with inter-agency selection criteria
• Identify Community Focal Points and members of Community Based Groups to deliver CB PSS as facilitators
• Deliver CB PSS to children and caregivers as part of the CB PSS Facilitators 2 month training program. Successively handing over the direct facilitation of sessions to the facilitator and the PSS Support Volunteer
• Provide technical capacity building on PSS, CP and GBV protection concepts, safe identification and referral and confidentiality and informed consent
• Ensure CB PSS Facilitators, Community Based Groups and PSS Support Volunteers identify and refer children Support PSS Support Volunteer to update the capacity building plan of Facilitators on a monthly basis
• Observe CB PSS Facilitators’ implementation mid-year to evaluate the progress on the capacity building plan and at end of year for a final evaluation
• Continue to provide support to community based groups to conduct sensitization sessions and events on child protection and GBV key messages in a participatory and empowering manner
• Ensure that each community based group conducts at least three community-led initiatives to address child protection or GBV concerns in their community
• Ensure the proper documentation of data collected (hard and soft copies) during CB PSS (attendance sheets, permission slips, parental consent, referrals etc.)
• Ensure that ALL children and caregivers accessing CB PSS and identified as being at high risk are referred to focused PSS and case management
• Children in and caregivers in need of Focused PSS to relevant Focused PSS sessions
• Perform any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the PSS Officer and the Protection Manager.
• Support the logistics and procurement processes needed for the implementation of CB PSS and Community Based Groups’ activities
• Maintain positive relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Bachelor in social work, teaching, child development or other related field
• Excellent knowledge of child protection and GBV and PSS basic principles
• Excellent knowledge of child development and adult learning techniques
• Excellent communication and psychosocial first aid skills
• Excellent facilitation skills
• Excellent capacity building, training, coaching and mentoring skills
• Good knowledge of CP and GBV case management principles
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• 2 to 3 years of experience in provision of Psychosocial support activities with children and caregivers
• At least 1 year experience providing coaching, training and mentoring on PSS activities with children and caregivers
• At least 1 year experience working with community based groups implementing protection activities
• Fluent in Arabic and English Language
Ideally, you will also have:
• Master degree in Social work, Counseling, psychology or other related field
• 3 years of experience in provision of Psychosocial support activities with children and caregivers
• Working in INGO
• Ability to work flexible working hours
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract till the end of December 2017, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from the First of March 2017 and be willing and able to work in Akkar.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level B+1, equivalent to 1,450$ per month.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ndo under current vacancies
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must being the same language as this vacancy note.CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close the 24th of February 2017. The interviews are expected to take placewithin one week after the deadline.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Dolene Khairallah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Akkar
- Grade: Services and Support
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-02-24