Case Management Officer (National Staff Only)
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate who can fit the position of Case Management Officer in Akkar.
Who are we?
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
Supervision of case management and psychosocial support interventions with vulnerable women, men and children with a focus on gender-based violence survivors in addition to children and their caregivers survivors of violence, abuse, exploitation and neglect .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise GBV and CP caseworkers (hitherto referred to as caseworkers)
• Provide age and gender appropriate and specialized technical guidance to GBV caseworkers on case management and psychosocial support to women and girls, including guidance on caring for child survivors
• Provide age and gender appropriate technical guidance to CP caseworkers on case management and psychosocial support to girls and boys in need of case management including on child labor, neglect and abuse
• Ensure all GBV case workers are familiar, practice and adhere to the IASC GBV guidelines
• Ensure all GBV and CP case workers are familiar with and adhere to DRC’s case management SOPs
• Hold inter-agency case conference meetings for high-risk cases when needed
• Produce monthly reports and support the Manager in submitting internal and donor reports as per schedule
• Act as GBVIMS focal point; Supervise the collection, storage, filing and analysis of GBV-related data through the use of the GBV information management system (GBV IMS), and compile/analyze data in the incident recorder in compliance with the information sharing protocol developed at the inter-agency level
• Monitor staff working hours, complete performance review with staff, ensure respect of DRC Code of Conduct
• Train all newly recruited CP and GBV case workers on the case management process, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures. Ensure proper training and coaching of newly recruited CP and GBV case workers prior to their deployment to the field.
• Act as inter-agency focal point of the CP and GBV case management hubs, receive and respond to case management referrals in a timely manner whilst prioritizing cases according to risk level
• Actively participate in training platforms such as IRC’s Peer 2 Peer program
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Bachelor/Degree in Social work, Counseling, psychology or other related field
• NGO experience is preferred
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times;
• Ability to provide technical support, trainings and supervision of GBV and CP caseworkers
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
• Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
• Flexibility in working overtime when needed
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
• Fluency in Arabic and ability to communicate and write clearly in English are required
• Ability to work flexible hours
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• At least 3-4 years of experience in counseling survivors of gender-based violence and providing GBV case management to individuals at risk of or survivors of GBV and/or at least 3-4 years of experience in child protection case management and providing counseling to children and their caregivers survivors of violence, abuse, exploitation and neglect.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
Ideally, you will also have:
• Previous experience in international organizations and humanitarian settings
• Previous experience working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon
• Fluency in Arabic is a must
• Ability to communicate and write clearly in English is a must
• Master degree in social work and/or psychology
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract till the end of December 2017, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from the First of March 2017 and be willing and able to work in Akkar.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level C1, equivalent to 1,650$ per month.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must being the same language as this vacancy note.CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close the 24th of February 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within one week after the deadline.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Dolene Khairallah at email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Akkar
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-02-24