Humanitarian Response Coordinator, Regional Office, Cairo, Egypt
The Humanitarian Response Coordinator post is located in the Arab States Regional
Office (ASRO) in Cairo, under the overall supervision of the Regional Director and reports directly to the ASRO Deputy Regional Director.
The Humanitarian Response Coordinator provides country offices (COs) with daily support on programme and operational issues, as part of the regional office’s integrated programme team, and supports implementation of emergency preparedness and humanitarian response components of UNFPA’s Regional Programme. UNFPA contributes to; strengthening regional and national capacity to provide sexual and reproductive health services, gender based violence mitigation, prevention, and response, in addition to production of data related to humanitarian settings. S/he will work in collaboration with regional humanitarian agencies (UN and international NGOs), regional institutions and partners to strengthen emergency preparedness and provide humanitarian assistance to crisis affected communities in a manner consistent with Inter-Agency Standing Committee guidance. The Humanitarian Response Coordinator will also assure coordination and linkages between regular and emergency programmes to promote resilience strategies and support the integration of UNFPA’s mandate within emergency preparedness, humanitarian response resilience plans in the region.
Advanced degree in Public Health, Medicine, Sociology, Demography, Gender, International Relations, International Development, Economics, Public Administration, Management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in management and development relevant to population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and gender based violence, including three at the international level
• Substantive knowledge and practical experience in population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and gender based violence
• Experience with Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) for
Reproductive Health (RH) implementation and RH Emergency Kits as well as IASC GBV guidelines;
• Strong analytical, coordination and organizational skills
• Experience in programme and/or technical assistance with the UN System
• Good knowledge of policies and guidelines related to humanitarian affairs and reforms is desirable.
• Field experience, particularly in humanitarian settings, is a strong asset.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Cairo
- Grade: P-4, International Professional - Mid level
- Humanitarian Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-02-28