Reports Officer (This Vacancy is for nationals of Philippines ONLY)
Purpose of the Position This post reports to the Chief of Communication. Overall framework and direction is provided by the supervisor; the incumbent will work cross-sectorally with different programmes to support reporting needs. S/He is expected to perform independently and take initiative to inform or consult with the supervisor on problem areas and major constraints. Incumbent receives guidance from the supervisor on major technical issues. The Reports Officer is tasked to write, edit, coordinate and quality-assure both regular and special informational reporting on UNICEF programmes and advocacy for both regulardevelopment programme and emergency response. S/He ensures consistently high quality information products and provides direct editing support to donor reports.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Writing, Analyzing, Editing and Synthesizing Reports: Ability to synthesize complex and large volumes of information from multiple sources, edit and write in relatable, engaging language for wider audiences but also for specialized audiences as appropriate. Systematically screen and cross-check internal and external reports, sitreps, information and communication material for accuracy and consistency. Handles research and quality assurance of key publications. Provide guidance and advice on editorial issues.
2. Communication material preparation: Prepare and systematically update information material (Fact Sheets, FAQs, backgrounders, data tables), briefings, and presentations on the required situations and programme activities. Support information gathering and information flow across sections and programmes within the CO. Prepare programmatic presentations, memos, and briefings to be used by the Representative at internal and external briefings, support social media coverage and web stories.
3. Donor reporting: Write, edit and coordinate donor reports for all the Programme Sections in collaboration with the Office of the Deputy Representative.
4. Monitoring and evaluation: Regular monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country communication efforts. Results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Candidate
• Advanced * University degree in Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, English Language and Literature, Creative Writing or a related field.
2. Work Experience:
• Minimum of 4 years of the total professional experience in writing reports, donor updates, briefing notes and production of communication materials.
• Two to three years of practical professional work experience specifically in report writing, editing, compilation, communication, in print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
• Field work experience. Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
• Previous experience working with development and humanitarian non-profit organization is an asset.
• *First university combined with 5-6 years of relevance experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university.
• Fluency in English and another UN language.
• Fluency in Tagalog and other regional languages are essential for the national professional post.
4. Competency Profile (For details, please refer to UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
i) Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [ II ]
• Working with People [ I ]
• Drive for Results [ I ]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
• Relating and Networking [ I ]
• Persuading and Influencing [ I ]
• Applying Technical Expertise [ I ]
• Learning and Researching [ II ]
• Planning and Organizing [ II ]
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 28 February 2017. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 501604 will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Manila
- Grade: NO-2
- Closing Date: 2017-02-28