Livelihood Program Manager
World Vision International - Jordan:
Join us and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. We are committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment types (full time, freelance, consultancy…etc) is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
For more information, please visit www.wvi.org
Position Title: Livelihood Program Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to lead the World Vision Jordan Livelihood program team. The position holder will support the organizations growth in the livelihood sector while directly managing and supporting staff working to implement World Vision’s Livelihood portfolio. S/He will be responsible for reporting, cross departmental coordination, financial accountability, external stakeholder engagement, and giving support to project managers and coordinators working in the livelihood sector
Manage and provide leadership for the Education Program team:
- Manage and support the Livelihood Program Implementation Team
- Create and implement professional Development Plan for all direct reports
- Ensure cross departmental coordination is taking place between livelihood team and World Vision Support Departments.
- Ensure Projects meet grant requirements including time frame, resource allocation, scope and risk management.
- Coordinate with Livelihood team and across World Vision departments to streamline approaches and standardize modalities where appropriate.
Coordinate with the Program Development and Quality Assurance Department to maintain quality implementation and access new funding.
- Work with Programmes Department and Operations Manager to create, update, and maintain the Livelihood implementation plan
- Collaborate with Programme Department to make sure programme designs are based on needs assessment findings (primary & secondary data) and analysis
- Ensure all programmes refer to technical standards, consider government standards and are aligned with internal and external Strategic Objectives
- Ensure Livelihood Plans are developed and implemented with community engagement, taking into account local needs
- Follow up with Accountability to respond to feedback from areas of implementation to strengthen Livelihood sector approach
Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to position World Vision within the Livelihood Sector:
- Work with other managers in the Operations Department and Programs Department to ensure crosscutting and multi sector program capacity
- Laisse with Supply Chain on behalf of Livelihood Program team when needed to make sure procurement planning is accurate and on target.
- Coordinate staffing plans and maintain livelihood staffing structure with support from Operations Manager and P&C
- Collaborate with Finance to review financial reports and maintain accurate spending reports and up-to-date budgets.
- Ensure collaborative planning with external stakeholders such as UN Agencies, other NGOs and Govt ministries
- Ensure World Vision is appropriately represented at livelihood focused Working Groups
- Represent World Vision with appropriate Donors and Government Ministries.
- Ensure partner agencies are engaged and on target with program implementation expectations
Prepare, review, edit, and submit regular reports
- Provide input for grant/donor and programme milestone and reports to Programmes
- Establish and implement internal reporting system in coordination with Operations Manager and DME.
- Provide regular updates to Operations Manager
- Update monthly situation report and Grant performance Tracker.
Degree in Industry, Marketing, or Job Creation related fields.
- 3 + years in humanitarian response management.
- 5+ years in humanitarian response.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in management of multicultural teams in complex settings.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English, Arabic is an advantage.
- Technical expertise in sustainable livelihoods, local economic development, technical vocations, or related fields
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel to field sites within Jordan
• Achieving quality results and service
• Practicing accountability and integrity
• Communicating information effectively
• Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
• Understanding the Humanitarian industry
• Understanding WV’s mission & operations
• Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
• Learning for growth and development
• Maintaining work/life balance
• Building collaborative relationships
• Practicing gender & cultural diversity
• Influencing individuals & groups
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via Akhtaboot.
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Please write " Livelihood Program Manager - WVJ" in the E-mail subject line.
Successful candidates only will be notified for the interview.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-02-28