1. Introduction: general information about the context in which the position will work.
This is an opportunity to actively participate in the work of the International Labour Organization-Somalia programme. The position is based in Nairobi for the ILO Somalia Programme and will assist the Finance and Administration unit to Support the team in Nairobi and Somalia. The position reports directly to the Finance & Administrative Officer with overall management from the acting Chief Technical advisor.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Support the finance and administrative unit in the operations and management of various projects.
· Support in procurement, from planning to purchasing, in compliance with ILO’s policies and standards.
· Complete staff attendance sheets and compute leave balances.
· Prepare workshops and seminar budgets.
· Prepare staff travel budget.
· Ensure travel claims are fully supported and attached to the required documents before presentation to Finance.
· Follow up on billing/statements from the travel agencies and suppliers.
· Organise and maintain all case related documents, records, evidence and files including photocopying and scanning duties ensuring appropriate level access and confidentiality maintained.
· Categorize information in their proper files.
· Coordinate maintenance of office vehicles, and channel all request for repairs and maintenance to the finance administrative assistant.
· Arrange for meetings, take minutes of meetings of general administrative
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or the officer-in-charge.
Qualification and Experience
Education – A degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Management or related field.
Languages – Excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written). Knowledge and demonstrable ability to communicate in Somali is an added advantage.
Duration - 6 Months *(with no possibility of extension)*
a) Proficiency in use of Microsoft Windows Applications & email
b) Knowledge of creation and maintenance of filing systems
c) Aptitude and attitude to learn and develop personally within the requirements of the Programme
d) Ability to reply in an appropriate manner to telephone and in-person inquiries.
e) Good interpersonal skills.
f) Ability to work in a multicultural setting.
g) Ability to obtain services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks.
h) Ability to search and retrieve information from databases.
Qualified candidates may submit a written application with a cover letter clearly demonstrating how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements for the functions and responsibilities described.
Include your latest CV with 3 (three) references to the Chief Technical Adviser (CTA) Somalia Programme. Please send your application by e-mail to email@example.com subject line marked “Finance/Admin Intern**”**
Closing date for receipt of submissions Wednesday 22nd Feb, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for the next stages of selection.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Organization: ILO - International Labour Organization
- Location: Kenya
- Grade: Junior
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2017-02-22