Iraq - Logistic Coordinator- Mosul Emergency Response
Posted on: 17/02/17
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 3 months to start (renewable)
About the context:
To date, 11 million people are in need of assistance in Iraq, with 3.3 million people internally displaced (HRP 2017), and massive waves of displacement expected in the coming months with the operations to retake ISIL-held areas ongoing. Close to four months into the military operation to retake Mosul from ISIL, over 163,000 people were displaced in Ninevah directorate by end of January 2017 due to military operations. Some humanitarian assistance has been provided to populations in the southern Mosul corridor and East Mosul, however, uncovered needs remain dire. Solidarites International’s (SI) assessment mission conducted in January 2017 in Mosul area confirmed wide spread needs in terms of WASH assistance and particularly emergency access to safe water, in parallel of stabilization efforts such as long term rehabilitation of water supply infrastructures.
About SI in Irak
Solidarites International is in the process of launching operations in Iraq to respond to those unmet needs related the Mosul crisis with a 2 pillar strategy:
- Emergency Response: Provision of emergency, life-saving WASH assistance to vulnerable populations affected by the Mosul conflict
- Sustainable support: Support rehabilitation of water infrastructures damaged/destroyed to ensure a more sustainable access to safe and sufficient water.
To be noted that SI is also establishing a partnership with a Health actor (INGO) to ensure an integrated WASH & HEALTH response including WASH/rehabilitation support to health facilities.
Further assistance in livelihoods is also being considered.
About the job
The logistics coordinator pilot logistics activities of the mission to ensure the smooth running of SI programs in the country.
He ensures the implementation of SI procedures and logistics tools on the mission and ensure their compliance and their proper use.
He helps define the mission strategy, drafting and design projects necessary means and activities SI.
He supports the head of mission in the operational safety.
He is the referent on the mission and the link between headquarters and the mission for any issue related to logistics.
Education and experience
- Technical education or significant experience in the logistic sector
- Previous experience as a Log coordinator a prerequisite
- Previous experience as a base log manager a prerequisite
- Experience in mission opening, preferably within SI, appreciated
Knowledge and technical skills
- Expertise on local procurement
- Good and proven writing and spoke English are required
- Transferable skills in program appreciated
- Knowledge and experience of the Chad Lake basin area appreciated
- Multi-project support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities
- Great work capacity and stress management
- Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
- according to experience from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly.
- as a special benefit for the Iraq mission each expatriate will receive 500 euros on his monthly gross salary.
- accompanied with 750 usd monthly per diem.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- During the assignment, the expatriate is entitled to R&R every three months: two weeks at three months with a 500 euro allowance and two weeks at six months with a plane ticket back home covered by Solidarités.
For further information about SI, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/*
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
- Organization: Solidarités International
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2017-03-17