Shelter Technical Assistant (Male) - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Maimana - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Responsible for: assessment; project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Participate in field missions.
- Remain updated on technical and legal considerations (national lows, standards and codes)
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Liaise and work closely with governmental and non-governmental organizations to create and maintain a network of organizations to which IDPs can be referred.
- Produce reports on daily, weekly and monthly base as well as on required base.
- Distribute toolkits and hygiene kits to targeted beneficiaries.
- Plan distribution of cash for shelter construction to the targeted beneficiaries
- Any other tasks as assigned by the immediate superior. (Shelter team leader)
- HR “maintain computerized and manual personnel records in line with internal procedures, regulatory requirements and confidentiality requirements”
- Experience from working as an Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Some knowledge of English language is required with fluency in local languages, Dari & Pashto
- Must be able to identify vulnerable families according to established selection criteria
- Work closely with all community stakeholders ensuring trust and confidence with
- Beneficiaries Facilitate community committee activities
- Promote gender equality
- Liaise and work closely with governmental and non-governmental organizations to create and maintain a network of organizations to which IDPs can be referred
- Refer to relevant NGOs and government departments in response to the range of needs identified
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Education title: University Degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Maimana
- Grade: Assistant
- Emergency Aid
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-02-28