POSITION TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
COUNTRY PROGRAM: Jordan
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Program Manager
STATUS: Full Time
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: National Staff and implementing partners
DEPARTMENT/COUNTRY PROGRAM DESCRIPTION/MISSION
The American Refugee Committee (ARC)/Questscope (QS) program started in Syria/Jordan in 2013, addressing emergency needs of conflict-affected IDPs and host populations in the region. Currently, the overall aim of the program is to improve the well-being of the target populations by addressing their immediate humanitarian needs and contributing to long-term community stabilization.
In conjunction with the implementing partners in the region, ARC has developed an integrated approach by providing assistance in the areas of 1) Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); 2) Protection; and 3) Shelter. ARC is also providing non-food items (NFIs) that respond to health and safety needs.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
ARC/QS is recruiting a Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to support the development and improvement of its programs and service delivery under its area of operations, primarily in Syria. Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager, the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will be responsible to support the development and maintenance of a results based M&E system across ARC country programs to help improve the life conditions and self-reliance of refugees and their host communities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical and Systems Development
· Support the development, measurement and reporting of qualitative and quantitative output, outcome, objective, and goal-level performance indicators with targets for all the country programs;
· Help develop a country wide theory of change / results chain integrating all ARC’s activities and grants in the area of the operations;
· Develop and regularly update the Country Monitoring and Evaluation Plan;
· Support the management team in developing a Country Monitoring Dashboard that will integrate critical indicators of program results and budget spending rates;
· Oversee the development, on-going modifications, strengthening and functioning of the country-level data management;
· Help identify and design innovative practices to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness in M&E and general project management.
M&E implementation & management
· Coordinate with and provide recommendations to M&E staff within ARC and their implementing partners on monitoring systems including data collection tools, data compilation, representation, analysis and reporting;
· Develop and help implement appropriate data collection and analysis instruments and methodologies, and data/information dissemination/utilisation plans;
· Coordinate data collection activities such as rapid assessments, market studies, baseline data collection surveys, special studies, and other research activities;
· Provide support to the different project staff to prepare quarterly, annual and other reports as may be required;
· Support the Senior Program Manager in overseeing all the reporting cycle to different donors and stakeholders;
· Coordinate timely and adequate evaluation of the country program on a regular basis;
· Represent ARC in different forums on M&E related issues when required;
· Provide support to any M&E and program activities as may be required by the management;
· Implement any recommendation issued by the management team and the ARC M&E Technical Advisor regarding M&E activities.
· Manage consultants remotely in the design and implementation of baseline surveys, verifying methodology including sampling methods, analysis frameworks and ensuring quality check mechanisms along with reviewing data collection tools for specific projects.
Capacity Building & Organizational Learning
· Contribute to the proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through M&E activities;
· Ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of the program and influences the strategic development of future programs and activities;
· Participate and contribute to the management decision making processes by availing all the program information acquired from the M&E activities;
· Support program implementation and improvement by providing timely information around project successes to be scaled up as well as challenges to allow ‘course correction’ throughout the life of the programs;
· Strengthen the M&E capacities of all program staff at central and field level on a continuous basis through on job training and mentoring;
· Design and provide M&E specific technical training as required to ensure continuous organizational learning;
· Participate in M&E-related regional conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date on best practices and new knowledge created in the field of development evaluation;
· Strengthen and support both internal and external evaluation processes for ARC projects;
· Support the ARC/QS team and its implementing partners in the use of data collection methods for qualitative, quantitative and participatory research.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
· 2-5 years of experience in results based monitoring and evaluation in development programs;
· Experience coordinating M&E activities at head office of an INGO;
· Experience in dealing and coordinating with implementing partners and remote management;
· Thorough understanding of the Syria crisis and challenges faced by IDPs in Syria in addition to other operational challenges.
· Graduate degree preferred in a relevant field (economics, sociology, social studies, management, demography etc).
· Post graduate training in development monitoring and evaluation required;
· Experience in capacity building and training highly desirable;
· Experience conducting research, including the use of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and data collection and analysis instruments;
· Knowledge of multidimensional poverty and wellbeing analysis highly desirable;
· Fluency in both Arabic and English speaking and writing required.
· Technical knowledge in following program sector is required: Health & Nutrition, Protection, Shelter, WASH;
· Experience working with international donors and grants highly desirable;
· Strong computer literacy (Excel, Word, MS Project, SPSS, STATA and/or other statistical applications);
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
· Strong demonstrated writing, editing, and analytical skills; ability to communicate clearly and efficiently.
· Able to work in the Kingdom of Jordan
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
· Ability to work independently as well as a strong team player
· Ability to work remotely in coordinating and managing Protection activities in multiple sites
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment
· Ability to interact with people at all levels, individually and/or in groups
· Available for regional travel in the Middle East, often at short notice
· Knowledge of and experience in working with and coordinating with international and national partner organizations (required)
· Ability to work independently and has ability to incorporate and open to constructive feedback
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities
· Flexibility and willingness to adjust to changing responsibilities or needs as they arise
· Cultural and gender sensitivity essential
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, ability to improvise
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY- https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ouQM4fwU&s=ReliefWeb
- Organization: ARC - American Refugee commitee
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-03-10