Partnership & Liaison Coordinator ( National Position) - Yemen
The role and responsibility of the Partnership & Liaison Coordinator: this role will drive NRC country office strategy and approach to working with partners (for example local NGOs, the private sector, and/or community associations), to build on continual improvements at country program level, and to support area programs in developing partnerships with local NGOs based on NRC’s partnership principle, country partnership strategy, country strategy and the core competencies strategies.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The Partnership and Liaison Coordinator, in coordination with CD and HoP, will liaise and coordinate with key civil authorities at country level on behalf of the NRC country program.
- Lead on the development and implementation of NRC’s country strategy on partnership in accordance with NRC’s global partnership policy.
- Ensure partnership strengthens and increases the impact of of the NRC country program, while enhancing local capacity for response to the humanitarian and development needs in Yemen.
- Uphold NRC principles of partnership, NRC core values and the IASC principles of partnership during the establishment of NRC partnerships, and guide the evolution of strategic partnerships over time.
- Support Area Partnership Officers on the assessments and identification of potential partners.
- In coordination with HoP, CC specialists, and other key staff, develop the guiding documents (SOPs, MOUs, partnership agreements etc.) that govern NRC partnership engagements.
- Ensure the application of due diligence, compliance policies and procedures for partnerships.
- Support the identification of development and learning opportunities for partners and NRC staff.
- Liaise on behalf of the NRC country program with the key authorities at country level and ensure NRC project implementation in accordance to country procedures and norms.
- Development principle agreements, project sub-agreements and other reports required by authorities, and ensure their approval by relevant authorities prior to the start of projects implementation.
- Responsible for the coordination of monitoring and evaluation of NRC projects and joint visits with authorities at country level.
- In consultation with HoP, HoS and the CC Specialists design the plan of action and the specific guiding documents for partnership with, for example, local NGOs, the private sector and community associations, involved in various project implementation.
- In coordination with the CC Specialists and the Humanitarian Access Advisor ensure increased access for NRC programs, while maintaining a high quality of program impact.
- In close coordination with NRC CC Coordinators and other NRC field staff, ensure partners’ adherence to NRC’s fundamental accountability to beneficiaries and upward accountability to donors on resource utilization and humanitarian service delivery.
- Through regular feedback from field staff and partners, identify key areas for development and specific training needs of partner and field staff.
- With the support of HoP ensure that the CC strategies include a context-relevant set for partnership to ensure meaningful partnership involvement in the NRC country strategy.
- Oversee joint planning and reporting by NRC teams and partners, including establishing joint planning and reporting tools and mechanisms, in close cooperation with NRC program team and relevant staff.
- Identify and document lessons learned and good practices. Analyze and document results through reports and publications.
- Ensure the inclusion of coordination with authorities, including ratification of agreements and MoUs, in project planning and project conception meetings.
- University Degree in Development or related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ program/project experience
- Experience of implementing partnership programming remotely in conflict settings
- Experience in implementing projects within partner networks; experience in managing/coordinating such networks a strong advantage.
- Proven strategic, and implementation ability with strong conceptual and analytical skills for planning, monitoring, impact assessment & learning.
- Demonstrable understanding of concepts and application in organizational learning, and knowledge management; experience of using training methods.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken) and strong computer literacy.
- Ability to manage stress, multi-task, take decisions and work independently
- Willingness and ability to travel within Yemen
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- The ability to work independently using own initiative to solve problems (focusing on solutions)
- Ability to identify the strength and weakness areas for the partner and propose capacity building plans that includes training sessions or on-job training modalities.
- Understanding of partnership Principles
- Able to work flexibly on multiple demands without losing sight of strategic objective.
- Proven ability to lead and work effectively with others to achieve results
- A team player and willing to shoulder additional responsibilities
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organizational capacity
- * 9 months (with possible extension pending Donors funds).
- * Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Travel: More than 150 days travel
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Sanaa (Yemen)
- Grade: Supervisor
- Emergency Aid and Response
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2017-03-01
Level not specified
Cox's Bazaar | Dhaka (Bangladesh)
P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
Multiple locations (Various)