ICLA Officer (National) - Jordan
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
The Officer within NRC’s Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) programme helps supervise a dynamic team of field staff providing Syrian and Jordanian beneficiaries with information and counseling services on various topics (including legal and civil documentation, housing, land and property rights and work rights) during outreach and at NRC’s offices.
- Provides Core Competency technical support in implementation activities.
- Develops monthly activity plans with the assigned team
- Monitors compliance with NRC policies, Core Competency tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Provides direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to staff, specifies their individual work plans and evaluates individual team member’s performance.
- Supports the assigned staff in their professional development, identifies training needs, supports staff to achieve the objectives defined in their learning development plans.
- Monitors the progress of the activities of assigned staff and ensures they are implemented to conform to planning and quality standards.
- Suggests new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities that meets the needs of beneficiaries.
- Supports Team Leader in the implementation of NRC ICLA operations in an assigned geographical area of operation
- Provides direct field support and coaching to staff under his/her supervision, as delegated by the Team Leader
- Contributes to ensure quality and relevance of service delivery
- Delivers legal awareness sessions individual counseling and case management services to Syrian refugees and Jordanian beneficiaries on various topics including legal and civil documentation, tenancy and work rights and any and other ICLA thematic areas;
- In coordination with the Technical Legal Officer, support the provision of legal assistance services in complex legal cases;
- Ensures effective identification of cases for protection referrals
- Acts as a focal point for community and services' mapping and networking in an assigned geographical area of operation
- Contributes to initiating and/or strengthening of NRC ICLA engagement with relevant stakeholders in an assigned geographical area of operation
- Act as focal point for referrals to partners in an assigned geographical area of operation
- Supports Team Leader in initiating and/or strengthening of NRC ICLA dialogue with local authorities in an assigned geographical area of operation
- Provides regular and ad-hoc, verbal and written reports on field trends, including needs and gaps faced by refugees and the operational challenges faced by the team
- Undertakes other responsibilities as required by line management
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a College graduate in , with a minimum of 1 years previous experience in relevant field. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in the Middle East. Some knowledge and/or experience related to counseling and/or paralegal, empowerment, protection programming Experience in case work/ case management expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal and some knowledge of English, both written and verbal
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period:Through 31st Dec 2017
Salary/benefits: (1024 JD basic)According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Ḩaraḑ
- Grade: Mid level
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-03-05