INT2017/03-Intern- Communication & Graphics Design (FMS) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title :Intern - Communication & Graphics Design Facilitated Migration
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland
Classification Intern, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Internship, 6 months
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible Closing Date : 05 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
include family reunification schemes and humanitarian visa schemes.
The Intern will work under the guidance and supervision of the IBM Senior Specialist, Facilitated Migration.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the development and update of internal and external public information materials. In particular, gather, prepare/update, edit and disseminate high quality public information materials on FMS.
through interactive maps and infographics, among other deliverables.
3. In coordination with IOM’s Media and Communication Division (MCD), write, edit and produce public information material in relation to FMS in support of IOM’s institutional communication tools, such as IOM’s bi-weekly press briefing notes, IOM’s website, and social media. 4. Assist in standardizing existing products and templates such as FMS newsletters, fact sheets, Page 1 / 3presentations, reports, info sheets, as well as formatting, icons, images and layout techniques. 5. Liaise with FMS field Missions to develop communication and background documentation, and to support the review of tools and papers prepared in the field.
6. Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the IBM Senior Specialist, Facilitated Migration. Required Qualifications and Experience:
field, or a college diploma supplemented with additional years of experience.
• Excellent knowledge of graphic design software;
• Proficiency with software packages, most specifically Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and MS Office (Publisher, PowerPoint, Visio) Tableau and any other communication software;
• Strong background in developing communication tools;
• Strong organizational skills and practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently;
• Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios;
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines; and • Basic knowledge of GIS and web mapping is an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Page 2 / 3Other:
The incumbent will acquire knowledge in the area of Facilitated Migration Services (FMS) unit. He/She will also gain in-site experience in working with IOM's efforts to develop professional presentation of communications outputs in relation to the FMS portfolios.
Carte de Legitimation
The organization will obtain the ‘carte de legitimation’ for the duration of the internship for the selected candidate. A monthly stipend will be paid.
• Applications must consist of a cover letter and personal CV or resume (as an attachment to application);
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional queries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted
• Depending on experience and location, IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs; please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 05 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 20.02.2017 to 05.03.2017
Requisition: INT2017/03-Intern- Comm. & Graphics Design-GVA,CH (54979176) Released Posting: Posting NC54979187 (54979187) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: OTHE
- Closing Date: 2017-03-05