Regional Manager - North East Africa (based in U.S. IHQ)
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
We have an opportunity for an Regional Manager to join our Northeast Africa Regional team at our International Headquarters in Boone, NC. The Regional Manager – Northeast Africa will support the assigned Regional Director(s) in developing, implementing, and maintaining Samaritan’s Purse project activity across the region, including management of partner relationships and programs.
Description of Job duties:
In Conjunction with the Country Directors and Regional Program development Officer, support the Regional Director to create, articulate and disseminate a clear vision and strategy for SP programming in the region.
Work with relevant Headquarters and field-level staff to ensure all grants, awards and internally funded programs are implemented according to SP’s Program Management Guidelines and donor requirements.
Analyze data and background materials in order to provide guidance and support Regional Director(s) and key decision makers.
Maintain detailed understanding of regional grant activity, providing timely Summaries to the Regional Director(s).
Manage partner relationships and programs in the region and communicate regularly to funding recipients in order to receive timely reports. Establish funding and evaluation criteria, send guidelines to perspective partners, evaluate program proposals, make funding recommendations, and monitor currently funded programs.
Investigate and determine new opportunities for partnership in both existing countries and other countries in the region.
Work with the relevant field level staff to provide additional detailed information as requested for communications purposes. As needed, provide reports and success stories to communications for publication.
In conjunction with the Field Office and IHQ HR staff, manage all aspects of the Human Resource (HR) requires of the Field offices related to International Field Staff (IFS). This includes managing the flow of applicants, conducting interviews and providing timely and relevant reports for field and headquarters level staff.
Coordinate evaluation of IFS employees with CD, IHQ Projects, and HR.
Assist the Field Office headquarter-level support with all aspects of procurement, including planning, bid justifications and contracts.
Assist Regional Director(s) by providing on-site monitoring and evaluation of partner programs.
Assume lead responsibility for managing specific partner projects. Keep Regional Director(s) informed of status, information, needs, and concerns related to partners. Provide and maintain a monthly project tracking and status report on all assigned programs and projects.
Liaise with Regional Director(s), Country Directors and Communications to ensure that all relevant partner programs and SP field office projects are listed on the Samaritan’s Purse web site and kept current.
Provide surge capacity and assume additional responsibilities for Regional Director(s) during absence due to travel, disaster response, or vacancy.
Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Two-three years working in disaster contexts is required along with previous cross cultural management experience.
- Willingness to travel internationally and to the field sites on as needed basis.
- Practical, quick, reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties in program of scheduling changes.
- Clear understanding of the workings of major donors and their perspectives, requirements and standards.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and written oral communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
- Travel in-country will entail exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
Position based in Boone, NC with sporadic travel to the region on an as-needed basis.
This will be a one-year contract position.
To apply for this position, visit our website here: https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/USA-NC-Boone-IHQ/Regional-Manager--EFSP---South-Sudan_7771-1
- Organization: SP - Samaritan's Purse
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2017-03-10