Senior Case Worker Assistant CP (National Staff Only)
We are looking for a highly qualified who can fit the position of Senior Case Worker Assistant CP in DRC Bekaa Office
Who are we?
Danish refugee council has been operatingin the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
In Bekaa you will find one of the most historical places in the world such as the Baalbak temple. It is also a safe and relaxing environment but at the same time very close to Beirut.
About the job
Providing case management to vulnerable boys, girls and their families who need psychosocial support and other services
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifying Children in need of case management who are participating in other DRC Activities
• Ensure that informed consent/ assent is taken before opening a case
• Assess received cases and take immediate action to adress urgent situations
• Provide age-appropried,counselling to children and their families throughout the case management process, qualitative psychosocial support to children and their families throughout the case management process
• Participate in weekly case discussion meetings with the case management officer to ensure adherance to standards of care and appropriateness of intervention
• Refer all children engaged in child labour or early marriage and their caregivers to DRC focused PSS programs
• Receive refferrals from different agencies, do action plan and appropriate response to each case.
• Actively contribute to the developping and updating of the service mapping and referral pathway
To be successful in this role you must have previous experience in humanitarian settings.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Bachelor in Social work, counselling, psychology or related field
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect and non discrimination
• Excellent case management skills
• Excellent psychosocial support skills
• Computer Literacy
“Ideally, you will also have…”
• Master Degree in social work or psychology
• 3 to 4 years of experience as Child protection and GBV case worker
• Previous experience working with syrian refugees in Lebanon
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 10months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from March 2017 and be willing and able to work in Bekaa.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level B+ equivalent USD 1450.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must bein the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 3 March 2017. The interviews are expected to take place the week after.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Baalbek
- Grade: Services and Support
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-03-03