Duty Station [Tripoli, Libya]
We are looking for a qualified and highly-motivated professional to be part of DRC’s Protection Team in Tripoli , Libya
Who are we?
Danish refugee council has been operating in Libya and Tunisia since 2011 focusing on protection of the displaced and conflict affected population. These include refugees, asylum seekers and economic migrants in Tripoli area and in the south west of the country, the population in and around Sirte affected by unexploded ordnance (UXOs) and to an increasing extent on the legal and illegal migrants and stateless populations in Libya. DRC/DDG has its head office in Tripoli and a field office in Sabha. Sabha is located 800 km south of Tripoli and is a central transit point for migrants and is home to large numbers of minority groups and stateless populations.
About the job :
- Strengthen DRC's relationships with local partners (CSOs and Municipalities)
- Make sure that DRC has a good reputation and representation in Libya - Keep updated on Libyan dynamics and how these might affect partner relations and programme implementation
- reporting and timely implementation from partner organisations - Ensure implementation per Work Plans
- Ensure that our partners are supported and their capacity is built up based on their and DRC needs
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Working with current partners on implementation
- Acting as the link between DRC and partner organisations by providing face to face support
- Identifying capacity gaps of current implementation for both imitate correction and long term strengthening
- Ensuring the projects are on track and data is collected as per the SOPs
Building the partner network :
- Identifying possible new partners that compliment (not replace) existing partners
- Conducting initial partner assessments to inform management of capacities to be developed through the Partnership Development Plan approach
- Build a comprehensive understanding of who does what were in Libya, including private business, local none governmental organisations and governmental interventions, to inform where DRC can add value in the Libya response
Representing DRC to other stakeholders such as crisis committees :
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant local authorities, to keep them informed as to DRC's activities and understanding the needs on the ground
- Building and maintaining DRC's reputation based on current and proposed programming
- Coordination with other actors within Libya to ensure no duplication of activities
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in humanitarian programming, preferably for an International NGO
- Advanced university degree in a relevant subject, such as human rights law, international relations and/or international development
- Strong ability to build relationships
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, Arabic
- Skills and experience in project/program planning, delivery, monitoring, reporting, review and evaluation
- Experience in capacity building of staff and local partners
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently
- Previous experience with protection monitoring is strongly desirable
- Previous experience of designing and implementing projects
- Experience of working from remote management
- Understanding of donor compliance and required paperwork for satisfactory audit trail
We offer :
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 01 April 2017 and be willing and able to work in Tripoli, Libya. DRC holds the right to conduct interviews and select a candidate before the end of the closing date.
Application process :
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on 8 March 2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tripoli (Lebanon)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-03-07
Nay Pyi Taw | Kenya (Myanmar)
Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position
leogane | Port-au-Prince