Programme Officer (Sports for Development), NO-2, Brasilia, Brazil
Under the guidance of the Youth & Adolescent Development Specialist, the Programme Officer (Sport for Development), will be responsible for the planning, implementation, strategizing, monitoring and evaluation of Sport for Development activities in Brazil to prevent children rights violation by promoting a safe and inclusive sport.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the guidance of the Youth & Adolescent Development Specialist, the Programme Officer (Sport for Development), is responsible for the planning, implementation, strategizing, monitoring and evaluation of Sport for Development activities in Brazil to prevent children rights violation by promoting a safe and inclusive sport.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
1. Contribute to the preparation/update of situation analysis for the program sector(s) for development, design and management of sport for development-related programs and projects.
2. Contribute to the development/establishment of multi sectoral program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting and other related information for development planning and priority and goals setting.
3. Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations and/or alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision.
4. Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with Government and other counterparts to assess programs/projects and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
5. Monitor and report on the use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocation/goals, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity.
6. Draft regular/mandated multi sectoral program/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- First level university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in Education, Sports Science, Primary Education, Social Science or relevant field is required. Education related to international development and assistance or other related field is considered an asset.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional progressive work experience, at the national and/or international level, in the field of programs relevant to sport for development or similar area is required.
- Previous work experience in development of technical assistance, at the national and/or international level, is considered an asset.
- Previous relevant work experience in the field of programs relevant to sport for development in UN system and/or agency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Communication (II)
• Working with People (I)
• Drive for Results (I)
• Formulating strategies and concepts (I)
• Analyzing (I)
• Applying technical expertise (I)
• Learning and researching (II)
• Planning and organizing (II)
• Relating and Networking (I)
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Please note that this Vacancy Announcement is open for competition to Brazilian nationals only.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, representing the diversity of Brazil, such as black and indigenous people, to apply to become a part of our organization. Candidates will be treated equally regardless of gender, sexual orientation, special needs, social and HIV/aids status. UNICEF is a smoke-free environment.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Brasília
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-03-09