Resource Mobilization Professional Intern
La Molina (Peru)
International Potato Center Ref: 17-04 RMPI/HQ
Resource Mobilization Professional Internship The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to fill an internship position within the Resource Mobilization Unit (RMU). The intern will focus primarily on the support of the administrative duties of the Unit and on the analysis of opportunities for Government and Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) in the Peruvian context.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research, a network of 15 research centers mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
The position: The RM intern will report to the Director of Resource Mobilization (RM) and will be based in Lima, Peru.
This internship willsupportCIP’seffortsto: (i) diversifyrevenuestreams andexpand theopportunitiesfor partnerships with non-traditional donors; (ii) reposition CIP as an important development partner within the Peruvian context, through the development of collaboration initiatives with different donors and; (iii) provide accurate performance statistics to Ex-Co, SLT, and prepare materials for training inside and outside of CIP-HQ.
Key areas of training:
- Developing an understanding of CIP’s evolving RM strategy 2017-2019, aswell as the institution’s Strategic and Corporate Plan 2014-2023;
- Learning about the NGO business development and RM process in particular by keeping track and updating key information of the entire Pre-Award Cycle and preparing monthly bulletins; Working in close collaboration with CIP RM Unit colleagues and to enhance internal CIP processes, design workflows, and/or checklist for the main activities carried out under the PRE PNM cycle and prepare materials such as: presentations, handouts, and procedures for training sessions inside and outside of CIP HQ;
- Providing support to the development of collaborative opportunities within Peru, both with the Private Sector and the Government; and
- Identifying and preparing a shortlist of funding and policy instruments that would support the development of opportunities in Peru, which are of interest to CIP. Keeping in mind the elements of Law 30309, identifying a long list of potential Peruvian private sector partners which: (i) have potential research and business interests that align with the capacities and skills currently available in CIP; and (ii) could have interest in collaborating with CIP in the context of the aforementioned Law.
- Graduated students with a bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Business, or Public Administration, or related areas of studies.
- Strong academic record required.
- Academic focus on business and policy.
- ProficiencyintheuseofMicrosoftOfficeprogramstopreparereports,spreadsheets, pivottables, graphs and presentations.
- Advanced-near native written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with a focus on details.
- Flexible interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- An interest in international development, and to improving the lives of rural agriculture communities in Peru.
Conditions:ThispositionislocalthuslimitedtoPeruvian nationalsandpermanentresidents. Thelearning agreement contract will initially be for 6 months with possibility of renewal up to one year. We offer the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of its entire people around the world
Application: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Internship Opportunities website
will begin on March 9 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: La Molina (Peru)
- Grade: Internship
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2017-03-15