Associate, Country Program
Associate, Country Program
The Associate ensures consistent quality across of a specific project and/or output delivery. The primary role of the Associate is responsible of maintaining and verifying project/output level budget execution and controls in line with GGGI policies and WPB; setting up procurement plans, hiring and onboarding plans, contract management in keeping with GGGI policies, standards and donor requirements.
The role of Associate is to ensure process integrity in program operation and specific project/output delivery, fully meeting established institutional policies, standards and donor requirements across budget execution, procurement & HR processes implementation and other operational functions.
- Ensures smooth operation of GGGI Lao PDR Program through the assistance and support of both administrative, financial, and managerial duties.
- Monitor and report on project and work stream activities to ensure efficiency and consistency with established work plans to support program management;
- Support the monitoring of project budget and track expenditures to ensure that program resources are optimally allocated and utilized
- Oversees and integrates transactions in Finance, HR, legal, procurement for the particular project/output in an effective service platform
- Supports procurement and recruitment related activities
- Supports the project team in duties that can include general clerical tasks, such as drafting documents and correspondences, as well as administrative jobs, including scheduling and project management.
- Advise the team on the procedures, policies and tools of all operational transactions for project/output delivery
- Identify issues and risks that will affect the program and its delivery and report to the manager
- Identify issues from across projects and work streams and advise project staff on remedial measures in order to maintain integrity of delivery;
- Communicate program needs to service providers/suppliers and ensure that services/products are delivered in line with established agreements.
- Identifies and anticipates issues impacting consistent service delivery and recommends remedial solutions for effective project management
- Anticipates donor requirement and project requirements and ensures alignment of services to meet those needs.
- Explain logistics procedures and requirements for external partners who participate in GGGI workshops and meetings
- Liaise and develop relationships with partners and stakeholders whenever necessary
- Provide research support to managers in the country team
- Develop and monitor country office spending, procurement plans and requisition procedures in line with yearly work programs and budget line
- Support the development of project hiring plan and manage onboarding procedures based on approved headcount
- Verify data and ensure data entry and document consistency from spending and expenses of specific project/output management
- Maintain program filing system and safeguard standards of reporting/documentary quality to support reporting to donors and program stakeholders.
- Consolidate financial documentation for projects and ensure accuracy of project financial reporting.
- Support the project/program audits
- Generates and maintains program data and document repository of the country program by compiling, cleaning, and sorting out all program related data and documents
- Manage office facilities and maintain physical asset records
- Provides logistical arrangements with respect to workshops and meetings of the country office including flight and ground transportation arrangements, visa processing, accommodations, and dealing with allowances and expense claims in line with GGGI travel and resource person policies
- Assist in the verification of receipt and accuracy of documents, approvals, signatures to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements
- Compile and organize information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Prepare background materials and briefs, upon request of the Country Representative
- Bachelor of Science/Art or equivalent degree in the field of business, economics, administration or management
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in administration, management reporting, and assisting projects;
- Strong oral and written English, and native Lao speaker;
- Knowledge of key players in climate change and sustainable development sectors, both domestically and internationally;
- Knowledge of the political environment in Lao PDR in terms of green strategy and sustainable development;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and prioritization skills;
- Experience working in an international organization and working with multi-cultural teams highly desired;
- Experience working within the government of Lao PDR highly desired;
- A pleasant personality which strives for excellency and is hard working.
- Provide day-to-day support for GGGI Lao PDR team;
- Plan and execute all necessary administrative functions, and carry out office duties tasks and activities of work coordination and supervision on specific documents or fields;
- Provide research support to managers in the country team to effectively deliver project outputs.
- Support senior managers in the country team to build, nurture and sustain stakeholder partnerships with national and sub-national governments.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings locally and internationally;
- Assist in the verification of receipt and accuracy of documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements
- Ensure efficient time management in order to accomplish complex daily management;
- Translate and interpret documents, as required.
- Understands and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promotes an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Processes and shares information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manages emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Promotes creativity and innovation among staff.
- Organization: Global Green Growth Institute
- Location: Vientiane
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2017-03-12