Consultancy - Digital Assets Management (DAM) Manager, ECM, ICTD, New York
New York City
The Digital Strategy Section and ECM are in need of a Digital Asset Manager Consultant to manage UNICEF’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) platform, which houses UNICEF photography, video, brand, publication, as well as other high resolution assets from UNICEF HQ Divisions and other UNICEF offices. The purpose is to identify methods to organize and manage the entire digital asset life cycle from production to distribution and archiving via UNICEF’s DAM platform, while synchronizing with the needs of UNICEF’s Web Content Management system (web CMS) and Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is a formalized means of organizing and storing an organization's documents, and other content, that relate to the organization's processes. The term encompasses strategies, methods, and tool used throughout the lifecycle of the content.
Digital Asset Manager Consultant will develop a recommended course of action to support a shared DAM platform that can meet internal and external user requirements and will support streamlined workflows. The DAM Consultant will advise on and implement the appropriate roles, workflows, procedures and practises to maximize the profiling, efficiency and scope of UNICEF's DAM platform for both administrative users of the system, end users throughout the organization and will manage the functionalities, policies and support mechanisms of the DAM.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, plan, and deliver a wide range of operational methods around storing, sharing and retrieving digital assets;
- Actively work with the ECM team to implement the DAM and supporting procedural documentation.
- Work closely with stakeholders to establish storage and infrastructure requirements;
- Work closely with stakeholders to establish new workflows which incorporate retrieval and use or re-purposing of digital assets from the DAM platform;
- Regularly engage with stakeholders to ensure business needs are identified and anticipated and meet through the DAM platform;
- Identify and operationalize training and support requirements for using the DAM platform so that ability to use the DAM platform is broadly permeated through the business;
- Report on the use of digital assets globally, improved workflows, progress towards adoption across the Group and achievement of business objectives via the DAM platform;
- Update and maintain an effective processes for the application of metadata within the platform;
- Coordinate the preparation of digital content, prior to upload to the platform, against agreed industry standards and formats.
Techinical Skills and Experience
- Education – Advanced University Degree in in Library Science, Information Management, Computer Science or the equivalent professional experience in a directly related field;
- Work experience – 7+ years of progressively responsible professional experience managing DAM platforms;
- Demonstrable experience working with taxonomies and metadata and knowledge of international documentary media standards and practices an asset;
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, agile development methods, and varying software systems and requirements. Knowledge of Orange Logic DAM platform an asset;
Candidates must submit their daily rate for the assignment described above.
- Fluency in English is required and fluency in another UN language is desirable.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
• Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
• Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%]
Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: Consultancy
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-03-11