VN 2017/51 (P) - Donor Relations Officer (P2) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Donor Relations Officer
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 09 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Donor Relations Division, the successful candidate will participate as a member of the team in implementing IOM's partnership and resource mobilization strategy to expand and strengthen partner support and cooperation in IOM priority programmes and strategic goals.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and monitor within the Division the timely review of interim and/or final narrative reports to donors. This will include substantive and editorial review of reports and drafting of correspondence for submission to IOM donor counterparts, including ensuring adherence to project proposals and signed agreements, as well as institutional reporting requirements of IOM and/or the donor.
2. In line with the Division’s donor liaison matrix, initiate and maintain high-quality outreach to assigned donor countries/entities.
3. Participate in the drafting and editing of Migration Initiatives as well as other appeal documents.
Page 1 / 34. Assist in developing approaches to expand the traditional donor base, including research on donor priorities and trends.
5. Assist in providing resource mobilization guidance to the field and Headquarters units. 6. Contribute to developing and updating outreach tools including donor profiles, partnership for action booklets, etc.
7. Support the Division’s contribution to IOM’s work on the Global Compact on Migration. 8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned, including selective duty travel for donor liaison purposes, as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in donor relations;
• In-depth knowledge of field-level IOM project/programme activities and funding processes; • Emergency operations experience within a field mission;
• Demonstrated experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities, as well as the private sector.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Page 2 / 3Other:
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 09 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 24.02.2017 to 09.03.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/51 (P) - Donor Relations Officer (P2) - Geneva, Switzerland (54983807) Released Posting: Posting NC54983832 (54983832) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Closing Date: 2017-03-09