VN 2017/50 (P) - Project Officer (IRIS Secretariat) (P2) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Project Officer (IRIS Secretariat)
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 09 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the general supervision of the Senior Labour Migration Specialist and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (IRIS), the successful candidate will be responsible for organizing/supporting the work of the IRIS Secretariat.
The International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS) is a voluntary multistakeholder certification system for international labour recruiters being developed by IOM and partners. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to the development and operationalization of the International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS), in collaboration with other IOM Divisions, Regional Offices and Missions.
2. Organize logistics and necessary administrative arrangements for IRIS related events, including the meetings of the IRIS Advisory Committee and other technical meetings. 3. Prepare meeting and activity reports, maintain and regularly update IRIS internal information and documentation.
Page 1 / 34. Facilitate communication and information sharing regarding IRIS with IOM Divisions, Regional Offices and Missions.
5. Organize communication with members of the IRIS Advisory Committee and technical working groups and key stakeholders including in-person and virtual meetings and sharing of reports, records of decisions and other IRIS related documents and materials. 6. Facilitate liaison with IRIS partners (government authorities, private sector, civil society and international organizations).
7. Maintain the IRIS stakeholder database.
8. Develop and regularly update IRIS communication materials and visibility tools, e.g. website, newsletters, social media postings, distribution lists, presentations, talking points, info briefs, brochures and flyers; and coordinate translations into other languages, as necessary for building awareness and the promotion of IRIS.
9. Undertake duty travel, as required.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience working in business and economy, human rights, counter trafficking and labour migration fields;
• Experience in working with private sector engagement in the above mentioned fields; • Experience working in public relations and communications fields;
• Experience in project proposal drafting and project implementation;
• Experience working with private sector, Government counterparts, UN agencies and/or non-governmental organizations is considered an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
Page 2 / 3• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 09 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 24.02.2017 to 09.03.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/50 (P) - Project Officer (IRIS Secretariat) (P2) - Geneva, Switzerland (54983597) Released
Posting: Posting NC54983619 (54983619) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: P-2, International Professional
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-03-09