INT 2017/07- Intern– Staff Welfare, Occupational Health Unit,HRM-GVA,Switzerland
Position Title Intern – Staff Welfare, Occupational Health Unit, HRM Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland
Classification Intern, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Internship, 3 months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 05 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
A global mental health strategy is being developed for IOM staff. As part of this, a directory of face to face and tele mental health services is required so that these resources can be made available to IOM personnel as required.
The Intern will work under the guidance, coordination and supervision of the Staff Welfare Officer and in cooperation with other colleagues in the Field Missions and IOM Headquarters. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Staff Welfare Officer, and in accordance with the overall direction of the Medical Director, the Intern will focus on supporting the development of a global directory of mental health professionals (including teleservices) and material on mental health and wellbeing.
The Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Identify potential providers in countries in which IOM is based
2. Determine the accreditation and licensing procedures which have been utilised by the providers (face to face and tele)
3. Create a directory of such providers in Excel
4. Undertake any other tasks as requested by the Staff Welfare Officer, e.g. production of learning material.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Page 1 / 3• University degree in psychology or counselling
• Strong background in psychology/counselling/mental health services; • Computer literacy, especially database tools;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios; • Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines; • Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently; Languages
• Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• A monthly stipend will be paid.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional queries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted.
• Depending on experience and location, IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs; please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 05 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html Page 2 / 3In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 24.02.2017 to 05.03.2017
Requisition: INT 2017/07- Intern– Staff Welfare, Occupational Health Unit,HRM-GVA,Switzerland (54984126) Released
Posting: Posting NC54984161 (54984161) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Internship
- Health service
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-03-05