Re-advertisment of VA055/2016
From 26 February 2017 to 12 March 2017
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Service Contract
Duration: One year
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. WFP pursues a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life. The Office of the United Nations World Food Programme in Syria is currently seeking a qualified candidate for Engineer SC9 in Damascus
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the implementation of WFP Policies, standards, norms and practices ensuring compliance with wider WFP policies, procedures,
guidelines and operations.
- Provide engineering and project management services, apply best practises, standards and innovative technologies that comply with WFP standards
- Contribute towards the analysis of project proposal to enable effective decision making on project technical feasibility.
- Prepare evidenced based recommendations for senior staff on measures to improve WFP facilities suitability to operational purpose, safety, and
efficiency of structures and equipment.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting on outputs to facilitate informed decision-making and consistency of
information presented to the stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance that support a successful construction procurement process.
- Participate in technical or design review, exchange of knowledge and experience, keeping abreast of construction and engineering technologies, to
facilitate implementation of innovative engineering solutions.
- Support the capacity building of engineering staff to facilitate the continued development and high performance.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external clients to effectively meet clients’ expectations.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of risks.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: First University degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Architectural Engineering. Hold or be eligible for Accreditation to
“Professional Engineer” or “Chartered Engineer” status, or recognised equivalent by an appropriate national or international regulatory authority.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Has worked effectively under supervision on a large number of varied design and construction projects and taken responsibility for work elements which have been assigned.
Has attained advanced academic qualifications relevant to engineering.
Has contributed to projects demonstrating knowledge of engineering specializations in relation to fire safety, seismic blast or environmental requirements.
Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible post graduate (i.e. after obtaining the first University degree) work related experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Syria
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2017-03-12