Pharmaceutical Deputy Project Director
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
URC is currently seeking a qualified Deputy Project Director on an upcoming USAID-funded pharmaceutical program who will:
- As a member of the management team, contribute to the development and implementation of the project strategy.
- Oversee the program’s regional and country level activities, primarily through supervision of the country field teams.
- Lead development and management of country-to-country networks to support dissemination and sharing of learning and knowledge.
- Work closely with the Project Director and Deputy Director of Operations to ensure optimal programmatic quality and results monitoring
- Develop, strengthen and maintain relationships and alliances with key stakeholders, most notably USAID, WHO, CDC and GFATM, as well as, other implementing partners, global networks, bilateral and multilateral development agencies, universities, foundations, and host country governments
Represent the project and its partners in strategic events, conferences and workshops
Assist the Project Director in carrying out all areas of the project including fulfilling the Project Director’s duties when s/he is absent or unable to perform them.
As required, travel to countries to provide technical assistance and supervise project activities and actively communicate with donor representatives and country officials.
Perform any other duties as required.
- Master’s degree or higher in management, public administration or public health discipline relevant to pharmaceutical system
- Minimum 10 years of experience in public health, especially in pharmaceutical systems strengthening, supply chain or a related public health industry
- Significant understanding of and working in developing country contexts, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia.
- Experience working and/or networking with international stakeholders, such as USAID, PEPFAR, WHO, and GFATM
- Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills.
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including advanced publishing and presentation skills and experience
- Ability to travel overseas as needed.
- Strong English writing and other communication skills; additional language fluency is preferred
Please note: these positions are contingent upon securing award.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at http://urc-chs.com/join-our-team/careers/deputy-project-director-global-global
You must attach your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter. Also, please indicate current salary.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
- Organization: URC - University Research Company
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Public Health and Health Service
- Operations and Administrations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Closing Date: 2017-03-31