Livelihoods Officer (National Staff Only)
We are looking for a highly qualified who can fit the position of Livelihoods Officer in DRC Bekaa Office
Who are we?
Danish refugee council has been operatingin the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
In Bekaa you will find one of the most historical places in the world such as the Baalbak temple. It is also a safe and relaxing environment but at the same time very close to Beirut.
About the job
• The Livelihood Officer will support the implementation of the DANIDA F project “Promoting social and self-reliance of conflict-affected population in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and Turkey”financed by DANIDA and implemented by DRC.
• He/she will assist the Project Manager in the implementation of project activities, relationship management with partners, and follow up on daily monitoring duties, identifying local partners, setting capacity building plans and work plans with identified partners. He/she will plan, supervise and organize field activities, namely the outreach in targeted communities, advertisement of Business Development Services (BDS) activities, and collection of applicants by candidate beneficiaries. He/she will also conduct one-on-one visits and group sessions with entrepreneurs on a weekly basis to ensure proper follow up as per the plan and established quality standards
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Project Manager, DRC program team and support departments to implement the project in line with the objectives laid out in the proposal and in collaboration with local implementing partners, including the Chamber of Commerce and other organizations.
• Conduct community outreach and awareness sessions on upcoming calls for applications for MSME support to ensure that the community and especially potential MSME beneficiaries are well-informed about project objectives and activities.
• Launch a call for applicants for entrepreneurs through dedicated launch events.
• Conduct a rapid qualitative Business Development Services (BDS) market assessments
• Assist partner with delivery of workshops to pre-qualified NSMEs on topics of business skills, financial management, marketing and business plan development, and other topics as identified as needed.
• Ensure the quality implementation of various forms of support to MSMEs, regularly communicate challenges and areas of improvement, and proactively seek out solutions with project team.
• Assist in linking supported enterprises to suitable suppliers, clients, and investor networks as well as support in organizing events and meetings between different parties as needed.
• Ensure regular, proper project documentation and contribute to reporting and internal information sharing with relevant program and support teams (Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Coordinator, Bekaa Area Manager, etc…)
To be successful in this role you must beFamiliar with the field of Enterprise Development, and support to Micro Small and Medium Enterprises
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant area (e.g. economics, development studies, Business) or a combination of a business related university
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in implementation of donor-funded livelihoods projects and experience conducting market mapping exercises or research.
• Commitment to equal opportunity and gender policies.
• Relevant experience in enterprise development would be highly advantageous.
“Ideally, you will also have…”
• Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
• Proven ability to work independently as required.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract until 31st of December 2017, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 15th of March 2017 and be willing and able to work in Bekaa.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level C equivalent USD 1650.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 10th of March 2017. The interviews are expected to take place the week after.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Bekaa
- Grade: Junior
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-03-10