Country Program Officer - Dakar
Africa Lead II—the Feed the Future Building Capacity for African Agricultural Transformation Program—supports the advancement of agricultural transformation in Africa as proposed by the African Union Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP). Simultaneously, Africa Lead II contributes to the Feed the Future (FTF) goals of reduced hunger and poverty by building the capacity of Champions—defined as men and women leaders in agriculture—to develop, lead, and manage the policies, structures and processes needed for the transformation process.
In collaboration with the Government of Senegal (GOS) and other donor partners, The USAID Senegal Mission supports the implementation of the Whole-of- U.S. Government (USG) Feed the Future (FTF) Initiative Multiple Year Strategy (MYS)’ response to food insecurity, poverty, and malnutrition. Approved in February 2011, the five components of the overall USG FTF strategy are:
- Agriculture driven economic growth—productivity increase through a value chain approach and promotion of sound land management;
- Enhanced policy implementation;
- Strengthened rural infrastructure and access to finance;
- Increased human resource capacity, both at health facilities and every level of the agricultural sector including associated institutions;
- Household behaviors that promote optimal nutrition.
The scope of Africa Lead II in Senegal is divided into four objectives, as follows:
- Facilitate public and private agricultural investment;
- Foster partnerships;
- Promote mutual responsibility during policy evaluation process ;
- Strengthen existing coordination platforms to increase private sector engagement.
Responsibilities and tasks :
- Serve as a general support for country Program Manager in daily activity management. The project office will primarily focus on activities conducted with the following key partners: Bureau Operationel de Suivi of Plan Senegal Emergent (BOS of PSE); Senegal Mango Value Chain and the West Africa Regional Mango Alliance; the Agency for the Promotion of Investment (APIX); UNACOIS
- Help develop work plans, scopes of work and budgets for short term technical assistance and capacity development services
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with partners and stakeholders
- Assist with the development and dissemination of request for proposals for service providers to provide capacity development services
- Coordinate with the technical and logistics teams regarding the execution, implementation and monitoring of activities and capacity development services
- Review reports and deliverables received from service providers and partners, including training organizations, trainers and consultants.
- Contribute to writing and preparation of quarterly and annual reports.
- Provide regular weekly updates and reports on status and progress of technical activities to the Program Manager as well as directors and partners.
- Ensure that required paperwork developed and completed is in compliance with USAID and DAI home office rules and regulations
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Program Manager.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor degree with 3 to 5 years of work experience in administration or project management
- Fluency in both French and English (written and oral) required
- Demonstrated coordination and facilitation experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to engage professionally with senior level officials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Organization: DAI - interational development company
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: Mid level
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2017-03-24