Deputy Shop Manager (UK Nationwide)
UK Nationwide Part Time Opportunities at either 12 or 18 hours per week.
£15,819 (FTE) Gross per annum (Subject to variations according to living wage level and regional allowances where applicable.)
We are a retailer with a real difference; can you help us grow our sales and end extreme poverty for good?
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and customer service skills and a real ability to engage with people.
If that sounds like you, why not join us as a Deputy Shop Manager within a network of high street shops that’s bigger and more innovative than many retailers. We have several roles in many UK locations.
At Oxfam we WON’T live with Poverty. Because that’s where every penny of our profit goes. In this role, you will be helping to turn everything we sell in our shops into vital funds for years to come. To achieve that, you’ll work with the Shop Manager to support all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the business and grow sales, focusing on Gift Aid, online sales, growing volunteer numbers, and increasing trading hours. A number of these new roles will require weekend working.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Working as a Management Team (with the Shop and Area Manager) to meet the shop and area plans and targets
· Confident to lead a team, ideally with some management experience
· Friendly and approachable, with excellent customer service skills
· Ability to manage time in order to deal with conflicting priorities
· Enthusiastic, with the ability to share that enthusiasm with others
· IT literate, with basic numeracy skills, using email systems and online resources; basic spreadsheets and word processing packages. Understanding of social networking and on-line sales
Closing date: 14th March 2017 Interviews will commence: w/c 3rd April 2017
Please view our Shop Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeOLPA-M-zE
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization
This is an opportunity for an exceptional, dedicated and highly motivated person, with a strong commitment to Oxfam's values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please visit https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk**/vacancy/find/results** and select the box for Deputy Shop Managers National Campaign 2017, then you will have access to the roles by their location, in alphabetical order.
- Organization: Oxfam GB
- Location: Nepalgunj
- Grade: Junior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-03-14