Learning and Development Specialist, P-3, #86214, HRC, UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen
UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen is looking for a dedicated Learning & Development Specialist, P-3 to join the Human Resources Centre.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
The Human Resources Centre at UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen is looking for a dedicated:
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST, P-3 LEVEL
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As part of Supply Division's strategic initiatives to strengthen the professional capacity of UNICEF Supply Community (i.e. supply and logistics staff) globally, and UNICEF's initiatives to support capacity development of Government counterparts and partners, the Learning and Development Specialist will design and develop learning initiatives, coordinate and organise learning events, and facilitate a broad range of learning experiences.
- Coordination of a broad range of learning events to UNICEF supply and logistics staff and partners in Copenhagen and field offices contributing to strengthening of supply chains for children.
- Administration of supply chain related content in UNICEF Learning Management System (LMS).
- Design and development of face-to-face and e-learning courses, including project management of content development with Subject Matter Experts.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
- Planning and coordination of learning plans and schedules, in close cooperation with internal stakeholders including colleagues responsible for knowledge sharing.
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of overview of learning opportunities, and ensure availability of such information to all relevant stakeholders and potential participants, including use of Learning Management Systems (LMS), intranet sites, external websites, and proactive continuous communication to target groups.
- Ensure organising and coordination of learning events scheduled in Copenhagen and field offices. Liaise with key stakeholders in the field offices as necessary.
- Facilitate face to face, virtual and other learning events and conversations in support of learning, in close cooperation with subject matter experts. Establish and cultivate an atmosphere to enable learning including enhancing relationships at the formative stage of a learning group as well as establishing individual relationships of trust with participants. Cultivates a culture of mutual respect and openness in any learning activity.
- Tailor curriculum and ensure practical examples are relevant to the target group. Work with subject matter experts to adapt existing materials or to develop new materials. Adjust pace and content of any learning event to maximise learning with the use of best practices in adult-learning.
- Motivate, encourage and inspire learning through creating of a vibrant, enthusiastic and living learning environment.
- Moderates social learning, facilitates discussions among participants or groups of colleagues or partners to maximise sharing of knowledge and experiences.
- Uses multimedia and a broad range of delivery methods to ensure a vibrant learning environment,
- Administers UNICEF supply chain learning content and use of UNICEF Learning Management System (LMS). Coordinate as project manager and learning expert the development of e-learning materials in collaboration with SMEs.
- Prepares reports on learning programmes. Evaluates and assesses programmes and initiatives and suggests improvements.
- Provides career counselling and learning coaching to staff. Supports mentoring programmes as might be required.
Any other duty as defined by the supervisor.
JOB GRADE FACTORS
The incumbent will work closely with a broad range of technical experts and SMEs to jointly deliver learning experiences.
Solid interpersonal and communication skills required, including ability to interpret non-verbal language, and sensitivity to unspoken needs. Capability to ensure physical and emotional comfort of participants
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Master's degree in education, learning, instructional design, business administration, communication, management, public health, psychology, international development or other relevant field, preferably combined with training in coaching or facilitation skills.
Minimum 5 years experience in facilitation of learning events and/or coaching of individuals or groups. Experience applying adult learning principles and good practices in learning activities and facilitation of knowledge sharing. Knowledge of supply chain management or public health an advantage. Knowledge of Learning Management System is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Strong French skills an advantage.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Drive for results (II)
Working with people (II)
Planning and Organising (level II)
Relating and networking (level II)
Persuading and Influencing (level II)
To view our competency framework, please click here.
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required (for the job)
Knowledge of facilitation techniques and practices.
Knowledge of coaching principles and practices.
Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, as well as social learning methods.
Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
Understanding of UNICEF and partners' Supply Chains for children.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Copenhagen
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2017-03-16