Communication Assistant, GS6, Ankara
If you would like to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, we are sourcing for a talented Communication Assistant like you to join our team.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the guidance of the Communication Manager the Communication Assistant for web and social media is supporting the design, management, maintenance, implementation, and continuous improvement of UNICEF's digital plan to maximize it's online presence and engagement.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Contribute to the development of the UNICEF Turkey's online strategy, with specific emphasis on content, to gather online and offline supporters and stimulate engagement with issues affecting children and women in Turkey.
- Proactively write and gather editorial content (text, images, audio, video, etc) from UNICEF programme officers and field offices and adapt for web and social media; maintain a web and social media calendar of content themes and all upcoming coverage schedule according to the calendar.
- Prepare and publish content to website, social media accounts (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc);
- Actively engage with online audiences through social media channels;
- Manage Country Office website through web-based content management system on a daily basis and work to continuously improve site's design; ensure key deadlines are met for the dissemination of time-sensitive content;
- Generate and analyze reports on web traffic using Google Analytics and other social media focused analytics channels.
- Ensure search engine optimization.
- Map relevant internet bloggers and influencers and create relevant linkages.
- Conduct trainings and provide support to other sections in need of understanding better how digital and social media plays a role in the context of the Office.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Education: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the communication.
Experience: A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Turkish and English.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Applicants must submit an application letter with a completed UN Personal History Form available in UNICEF's website, and a curriculum vitae by 17 March 2017. Only qualified applicants will be short-listed and notified further screening and interview.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: GS-6, General Service
- Closing Date: 2017-03-17