Gender and Adolescent Specialist NOC (Only for PNG nationals)
Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea)
UNICEF Papua New Guinea is seeking to recruit a suitable national professional for the post of Gender and Adolescent Specialist NOC for its Port Moresby Office to support their gender priorities in the country. This post only applies to nationals of PNG.
U N I T E D N A T I O N S C H I L D R E N'S F U N D
Urgently requires a suitable professional for its Port Moresby office;
GENDER AND ADOLESCENT SPECIALIST NOC
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Deputy Representative, the incumbent performs the following duties:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports senior programme colleagues and management of the Country Office to advance one or more of the four targeted Gender Priorities in the Gender Action Plan with support from the Regional Gender Adviser.
- Plays a role in working with one or more of the UNICEF sectors to mainstream gender by prioritizing key gender results within the sector(s) with a strong gender & adolescence relevance;
- Supports cross-sectional collaboration and coordination on key programmatic results on gender, ensuring coherence, maximization of synergies and efficiency in utilization of resources and delivery of results;
- Works with programme colleagues and management to ensure adolescence and gender results are effectively defined, measured, and reported, and high quality assessment, research, evidence generation and evaluation is undertaken and utilized, including through the application of the MoRES framework and effective theories of change;
- Supports effective review, assessment, planning, capacity building, and knowledge management on gender & adolescence;
- Supports the assessment and identification of adolescence and gender needs for emergency preparedness and response.
Requirements and Qualifications
Applicants who have the following educational background, skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Advanced* university degree (Masters or higher) in the social sciences (i.e. sociology, demography, psychology, political science, social policy or economics), public health, international development, or in an area relevant to UNICEF's sectoral work (e.g. Gender, Health, Nutrition, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Social Inclusion, HIV/AIDs, etc.).
- Academic credentials in gender are a strong asset.
- *First University degree may be exceptionally accepted if combined with 6 or more years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional experience and demonstrated track record of having undertaken and led substantive programming and research on gender and adolescence development field.
- Experience in designing, implementing, managing, and delivering results-based programmes/projects on gender and adolescence or any other cross cutting programme, especially at country/field level, experience in emergency response is an asset. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relations both within and outside the organization
- Fluency in English and Tok Pisin with proven strong written and oral communication skills
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF's mission and professional values.
UNICEF offers competitive terms and conditions of employment to successful applicants.
Closing date is on 17 March 2017