World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya. We are seeking a highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the position of a Finance Manager to based in Nairobi for an upcoming Kenya USAID Family Planning/Reproductive Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RMNCAH) Opportunity.
Purpose of the position:
The Grant Finance Manager is responsible for the financial management of the Family Planning/Reproductive Maternal Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RMNCAH) USAID-funded grant from start-up through close-out. The incumbent will ensure proper financial management, accountability, planning, and reporting in alignment with the goals of the grant, World Vision financial procedures, USAID regulations, and the grant agreement. The manager will provide detailed financial analysis, reporting system and process development, training and support.
· Lead the development and implementation of the annual project operating budget, monitor actual performance and develop project projection
· Prepare financial plans, proposal budgets, amendments, and extensions for the life of an award up to and including close-out.
· Analyze spending trends and provide feedback and analysis to team leaders and field colleagues on areas with significant over- or under spending
· Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows and expenditures
· Consult Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party on cost allocations, general accounting, internal controls and administrative systems as required
Audit and Compliance
· Ensure adequate financial systems in place and accounting practices and standards are adhered to, and are in accordance with quality and policy requirements from WV and US Government.
· Prepare close-out documentation at end of funding cycles in compliance with USG and government regulations
· Build capacity of local partners on US G compliance regulations
· Ensure procurement procedures are in alignment with USG and WV policies.
· Ensure implementation of audit recommendations
· Implement financial policies in accordance with World Vision Field Financial Manual, Donor Rules and Regulations and local financial regulations
Capacity Building and Supervision
· Ensure training in financial management for project team and partners including local organizations
· Identify capacity building needs of all finance staff in the project and ensure relevant trainings are conducted.
· Ensure strong leadership to the finance team
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or international business management
Must be a certified public accountant – CPAK or ACCA equivalent
At least 5 years of accounting and grants management experience, of which three must be USG grant experience
Strong experience in sub-grantee management
Experience in supervision and management of staff
Excellent command of Excel and SunSystem
Strong background in financial management systems
° Work environment: Office based with frequent travel to the field
° Travel Required: Domestic/international travel is required.*On call*: As required
Please visit: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-africa and submit your online application including a detailed CV with names of three referees by March 7, 2017.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Kenya
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2017-03-07