Food Security Officer - Food for training (Ukraine nationals only) - Ukraine
The purpose of the Food Security (Food for training) Officer is to provide leadership in the assessment, design and implementation of community micro-projects ensuring that there is timely assistance to beneficiaries based on needs and in line with NRC standards and procedures and national regulations.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Job descriptionAdherence to NRC policies;
Contribute to NRC strategy development and provide input on needs and gaps from relevant areas
Serve as the main entry point for NRC’ specific project definition and implementation, in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements;
Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist;
Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities;
Develop, maintain and establish excellent working relationships with a wide range of different interlocutors (Clusters, NGOs, civil and military representatives);
Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Work with the community and local government in the assessment and selection of beneficiaries for the training market assessment in selected locations to identify training needs
Recruit and supervise trainers ensuring that the training provided is of high quality and that trainers follow the curriculum provided
Maintain FFT records, attendance sheets and payment records as per project guidelines;
Set up a beneficiary registration and distribution mechanism for non-food items (NFIs)/start up kits provided
Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the training programmess on a monthly basis in coordination with other stakeholders
Ensure that FFT training equipment and materials are in good working condition and available on site in all the stages of the project cycle;
ensure that SOPs are followed to the details, and that staff and are conversant with the SOPs
Visit the FFT sites on a weekly basis to monitor activities and ensure proper attendance records are being kept and updated;
QualificationsGeneric professional competencies for this position:
• Extensive experience working in relief operations in challenging environments;
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to liaise authoritatively with figures from the humanitarian community, local government and army, and other relevant actors, when required;
• Excellent communication and reporting skills, both written and oral;
• Willingness to work in demanding, stressful situations under difficult living conditions with respect for basic security rules;
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
• University degree in Education, social sciences or other relevant technical background.
• Several years’ professional work experience in managing vocational/skills training programmes with a recognized skills training institution
• Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
• Experience in on site supervision in a challenging environment.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail
• Willingness and capacity to work in the field and travel on a daily basis to project sites.
- Academy college / University
Personal qualities• Managing resources and achieving results
• Handling insecure environments
• Working with people
• Coping with change
• Empowering and building trust
• Planning and delivering results
We offerCommencement: 01 April 2017
Contract period: April - December 2017
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy
Duty station: Severodonetsk
- Travel: More than 100 days travel
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Sievierodonetsk
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Security and Safety
- Closing Date: 2017-03-15