ICLA Coordinator - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Badghis - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Support in the provision of technical support to ICLA officers on provision of legal advice, mediation of collaborative dispute resolution solutions (CDR) and case management of legal cases.
- Manage case review meetings with ICLA officers to provide support on case management and provide procedural advice.
- In consultation with the ICLA PM, coordinate and facilitate capacity building trainings for humanitarian partners, local authorities and displaced community leaders.
- Ensure compliance by the ICLA Officers with ICLA policies, and implementation of ICLA case management and M&E tools.
- Ensure compliance by the ICLA Officers with NRC’s Human Resource, Financial, Logistics & Security policies and procedures.
- Regularly attend relevant Sector coordination meetings in the area of operation to represent ICLA, gather and share information with partners, advocate on behalf of vulnerable displaced persons facing Registration/Civil Documentation or Housing, Land & Property (HLP) challenges, and contribute to the provision of effective and timely humanitarian assistance to displaced persons.
- Foster productive relationships between ICLA and local authorities / humanitarian partners.
- Promote synergies between ICLA, Education, Shelter, Emergency and information management systems within NRC.
- Coordinate, Liaise, collaborate and consult with stakeholders and all project partners, arrange and attend meetings and produce relevant reports/minutes.
- Research, develop and implement advance training modules/seminars on housing, land and property and inheritance rights, including the development of impact assessment materials.
- Assist in the delivery, coordination and management of the project, including provision of training and field activities.
- Provide the project reports on monthly and quarterly manner.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
- University degree from faculty of law or Sharia, and a thorough knowledge of Afghan law
- Experience from working in a Protection or legal assistance implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context, including the delivery of technical capacity building trainings
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in project management, including supervision of staff and ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Significant experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting on project activities
- Prior experience of representing an INGO, and advocating on behalf of beneficiaries, in public forums (e.g. Protection Sector)
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- At least 3 years of Work experience in the field of law (e.g. courts, attorney or legal aid agencies). Preferably experience in working with clients
- Knowledge of English and local language (Dari/Pasto) both verbal and written
- Education title: Bachelor Degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected