Officer - Investment, Green Investment Services, Jordan, India
Amman | New Delhi | Seoul
Officer - Investment, Green Investment Services, Jordan, India
Based in Seoul, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as "green growth", which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
The Investment and Policy Solutions Division (IPSD), based at GGGI's Seoul headquarters works with programs in countries and on projects, by:
• Providing technical and financial know-how through advice to country programs in the areas of energy, green cities, land-use and water;
• Working with the Green Growth Planning and Implementation Division (GGP&I) on the development of service offerings (in GGGI’s four main focus areas) and related methodologies (delivery approaches);
• Converting experience gained through country activities and engagement in international networks into elements of South-South cooperation programs, sub-regional knowledge sharing programs and national level capacity building activities;
• Developing global level tools such as the Green Growth Potential Assessment methodology and flagship products (such as the planned Green Growth Index);
• Contributing to the preparation of corporate communication material;
• Managing GGGI’s involvement in knowledge management networks such as the Green Growth Knowledge Platform or other international platforms as appropriate.
IPSD has two closely integrated departments which underpin the relevance, efficiency, and effectiveness of GGGI's in-country delivery: (i) Policy Solutions (PS) which build a strong theoretical and empirical base for green growth providing concrete options, guidance, and capacity development for policymakers and investors; (ii) Green Investment Services (GIS) - which identify and mobilize innovative financing mechanisms and improve the conditions for public and private green investments.
Specifically, GIS is facilitating Green Growth through three main Pillars. By “Designing Innovative Financial Instruments”, GIS designs financial structures and instruments which can meet risk-reward expectations of investors and enable capital flows into the sector; by “Building National Financing Vehicles”, GIS conducts diagnostic analysis and either supports countries to scale up their national level financial institutions or establish new ones; and by “Developing Green Bankable Projects”, GIS supports GGGI member countries to create an enabling environment and develop a bankable project pipeline.
The GIS department expects to expand its technical capacity and broaden intellectual base by hiring an Analyst for program development and integrated delivery, particularly on bankable projects, financial instruments, and National Financing Vehicles (NFVs).
The Officer - Investments supports deal teams and the head of the department to develop the business case, investment documentation, identify and analyze project opportunities, competitive strengths and weaknesses of projects and their sponsors.
The Officer - Investments supports the deal team to manage and deliver on green investment projects.
Specifically, the Officer - Investments shall, among others:
• Independently develop financial models and perform sound financial analysis
• Draw conclusions from financial analysis and use the financial projections (including valuation) to design/recommend suitable financial structures, identify project issues, opportunities and risk/reward factors
• Develop and maintain investment documentation under guidance from the deal team
• Support the principals and head of department on business development by collecting and analyzing market data to support identification of new business opportunities
• Demonstrate sound analysis of financial models to assist screening of business opportunities
The Officer - Investments applies knowledge of project/portfolio lifecycle to identify and meet critical path milestones, and to implement tasks (including production of documents) in a timely and high quality fashion for the processing or supervision of projects.
He/she shall also build his/her own understanding of GGGI project development methodology as guided by the head of department, and in line with the project team.
Core competencies and business acumen for this position have been categorized according to project structuring, portfolio management, and business development.
• Interprets term sheets and works with senior staff to draft investment documentation
• Origination: Investigates and prepares the business case for new potential opportunities
• Project structuring: Applies specialized finance skills to use assumptions into the creation of financial projections for renewable energy and green infrastructure assets
• Delivery: Organizes analytical work to ensure that deliverables against milestones are provided in a timely manner
• Advanced university degree in areas such as international business or economics with further financial / economics training (Masters in Finance, MBA or equivalent), urban/ civil engineering
• Substantive relevant experience (at least 3-5 years), with sound understanding of finance
• Hands-on project management experience, an ability to efficiently manage a large number of activities simultaneously and to navigate through complex environments
• Willingness and ability to be deployed and to travel as required
• Oral and written fluency in English
• Create and analyze financial models and balance sheets
• Analyze historical and project financial statement
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in business development efforts
• Experience in at least one of the following areas: renewable energy, energy efficiency, urban and water infrastructure financing
• Help design financial instruments, infrastructure project development/assessment/finance, economic/financial analysis of infrastructure investment
• Experience with project finance, private or public sector projects, and/or in PPP transactions is a bonus.
• Experience with climate finance and investment banking is a huge plus.
• Strong analytical and modeling skills, with full knowledge of excel functions
HOW TO APPLY
• Please submit CV and Cover Letter in English (Merged into one PDF file)
• Given the high volume of applications, GGGI can unfortunately only contact candidates with whom we intend to have further discussions
• For more information on GGGI, please visit our website at www.gggi.org.
The location of this assignment is Global, which means that the selected candidate is expected to be with the GIS team at GGGI HQ in Seoul or GGGI Songdo Office, Republic of Korea for the initial 3 to 6 months of the contract period, and after which, he/she will be assigned to one of the countries under his/her portfolio as his/her duty station depending on GGGI’s business requirements. The portfolio for this position includes Jordan, India and other countries that may be assigned by GGGI.
**ICA Contract (Individual Contractor Agreement)
Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) is issued by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) on behalf of GGGI. The ICA is one of the contract modalities by which GGGI engages its staff. The terms of the ICA reflect the fundamental conditions of employment under the Staff Regulations and Staff Rules applicable to all staff in GGGI.
ICA contract is a consolidated fee contract which includes base salary and monetized benefits. The details of the entitlements and obligations is available here. http://gggi.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Entitlements-and-obligations-applicable-to-GGGI-personnel-under-Individu....pdf
Since the location of this position is classified as Global, please note the following,
• Duty Station – this will be determined following the induction period in Seoul HQ depending on GGGI’s business needs. In the meantime, for administrative purposes and entitlement to certain expatriate benefits, the incumbent will be temporarily assigned to Seoul/Songdo, Republic of Korea as the duty station.
• Mobilization allowance and joining flights for self/family will be paid only once during the term of the contract upon relocation to either: Seoul/Songdo, Republic of Korea for the initial three to six-month induction period; or the assigned duty station, at the choice of the successful candidate. Relocation leave may only be availed once either upon relocation to Seoul/ Songdo or later at the assigned duty station.
• Demobilization allowance and separation flights for self/family will be paid only once upon travel at the end of the contract from the duty station.
• Housing/Lodging expenses/Meals – No Accommodation Allowance and Daily Expense Allowance (per diem or subsistence allowance), under GGGI Travel Rules, will be paid in relation to travel to any of the assigned portfolio locations. Seek clarification from the HR team member when accepting the offer
• Transportation for staff member between assigned portfolio locations - As per GGGI Travel Rules
- Organization: Global Green Growth Institute
- Location: Amman | New Delhi | Seoul
- Grade: Mid
- Finance and Banking
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2017-03-24