Consultant for endline evaluation of EU NSA project
The purpose of this evaluation is to assess GOAL’s performance and delivery of the EU NSA & Irish Aid funded project according to OECD evaluation criteria. The evaluation will help GOAL to improve its future programming through lessons learned and best practices generated through this project.
· Refine the evaluation objectives and primary research questions in consultation with GOAL’s technical and management teams.
· Incorporate specific research questions regarding strategic programme areas and pilot activities undertaken during the programme including Child Empowerment and Protection, Advocacy for Policy influence, Family tracing and reunification, Non-Formal Education, Small Business Initiative, Provision of health service and School development projects
· Devise and test a methodology and evaluation tools to address the specific objectives and individual research questions of the evaluation
· Conduct secondary data collection and research from LAs and other institutions including using GOAL’s existing project monitoring data, to identify gaps in data coverage and knowledge
· Collect primary data to establish and quantify GOAL’s performance against selected programme indicators and criteria outlined above
· Provide a draft report to programme management that will be incorporated into ongoing programme planning and evaluation, as well as recommendations for maximising social impact
· Facilitate a workshop to validate the findings of the evaluation with GOAL and partner staff and other stakeholders
· Incorporate GOAL feedback into a draft report and prepare a full final report and a short synthesis document for sharing. The final report should both describe the results of the evaluation, and provide actionable recommendations for improving GOAL’s programmes.
GOAL recommends a mixed methods approach that can quantify impact and achievement against targets and indicators. A recommended methodology is outlined below, but the final methodology and tools to be used will be determined by the evaluation team and will be contingent on the above tasks. The consultants are therefore free to suggest modifications and /or adjustments to the evaluation that will address the evaluation criteria in consultation with MEAL Coordinator and Assistant Country Director – Programmes.
Visit www.goalglobal.org/tenders for more information and to download the request for quotation, full TOR and other supporting information.
- Organization: GOAL
- Location: Freetown
- Grade: Junior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-03-17