Field Coordinator - Syria
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Field Coordinator position is to ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation within the designated geographical area.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions in the area
- Member of the Area Management Group (AMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Organize grants opening and closure meetings at field level
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the field, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies
- Represent NRC and networking on field level
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff in the field
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Duration: 5 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: One of the area locations covered by our Syria Response Office
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location in the"Company name" field for both company and location.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early as the selection process may begin prior to the vacancy deadline.