Sr. Capacity Development Specialist
Title Sr. Capacity Development Specialist
Location Washington DC
Department Name Program Delivery
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Reporting to the Senior Capacity Development Advisor, the Capacity Development (CD) Senior Specialist is responsible for leading online engagement related to capacity development as part of the USAID-funded Breakthrough- ACTION global project.
Breakthrough-ACTION will build upon current USAID investment in social behavior change (SBC) research and programming, including both global and bilateral projects, to simultaneously guide new learning and drive broader application of proven practices and tools in SBC. The project will fulfill a global leadership function that is desperately needed within SBC, working through a number of new and existing platforms to create opportunities for technical agenda-setting, learning, and collaboration; designing and implementing innovative and strategic SBC programs; and promoting agreed-upon priorities through its own programs and knowledge management efforts. The project will be closely linked to, and coordinated with, its sister project, Breakthrough- RESEARCH.
The position is based in Washington DC, with anticipated travel to other project sites in countries included in the Breakthrough ACTION buy-in (TBD). The CD Senior Specialist must be a dynamic individual with strong interpersonal and managerial skills, and a commitment to CD in SBC. S/he will support the Senior CD Advisor in ensuring effective high quality implementation of CD interventions for national CSOs, service providers, government agencies (national and local), media organizations, and other relevant SBC stakeholders.
This position is contingent upon award of funding.
The CD Senior Specialist’s primary responsibilities include: leading online engagement related to capacity development, including Communities of Practice, Pact’s signature tools (CD marketplace, Capacity Solutions Platform, etc.) and linking/traffic research with HC3 digital platforms- Springboard, Health COMpass, etc. supporting in scoping trips, preparing scopes of work / buy-in proposals, carrying out in-country CD assignments (with CSOs, networks and governments), assessing capacity, and supporting the measurement of capacity outcomes. International travel is required for the CD Senior Specialist position (estimated 20%).
Additionally, the CD Senior Specialist will support the Senior CD Advisor in carrying out his/her responsibilities, most importantly:
• Support collaboration with donors, multilateral organizations, host country governments and implementing partners to apply emerging SBC approaches and best practices for the purpose of CD, especially though training, mentoring, and South-South learning (tailoring methods to each audience).
• Contribute to CD on quality assurance/continuous quality improvement of project tools, methodologies, and approaches, including those from previous SBC investments.
• Support and advise Pact and project management staff on effective mechanisms and approaches for facilitating SBC communities of practice at the global, regional, and country levels for CD.
• Review and adaptation of SBC training, workshop, mentoring and other capacity strengthening tools for adult learning techniques (including young adults ages 15 -24 years, elders /community leaders and professionals).
• Identify profiles for users of e-learning platforms and organizing content for profiles.
• Development and delivery of blended learning, utilizing existing USAID-funded knowledge management and capacity strengthening resources (including the Springboard, the Health COMpass and online implementation kits), taking advantage of the on-line course content while creating in-person events and remote mentoring programs.
• Support knowledge management and linkages across program activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, International Development, Development Policy or related field.
At least 4 years’ experience in a mid-level technical position within US government-funded project(s) with significant CD elements (involving health topics including: family planning/reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, malaria, and/or maternal, neonatal, and child health). Additional or overlapping experience with SBC projects preferred.
In-country implementation experience and/or remote implementation experience in Africa, Asia, and/or Latin America.
Experience designing and managing online learning platforms (websites, webinars, conference calls, social media platforms etc.)
Excellent grasp of participatory CD methodologies.
Excellent facilitation and training skills in a variety of health and organizational development topics.
Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of US government policies, procedures and regulations.
Oral and written fluency in English.
Master’s Degree or higher.
Experience working on USAID-funded global SBC programming, experience within the last five years strongly preferred.
Experience working with existing USAID-funded knowledge management and capacity strengthening resources (including the Springboard, the Health COMpass and online implementation kits).
To apply for this position, please click link: http://pactworld.force.com/careers/VanaHCM__Job_Detail?Id=a33j0000000j5sd
- Organization: Pact World
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid level
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-04-06