Disaster Relief Operations Manager & Technical Specialist
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Operation Blessing International (OBI) is a humanitarian organization dedicated to relieving human suffering. OBI combats hunger, deprivation and physical affliction with the provision of food, clothing, shelter, medical care and other basic necessities of life. We also help facilitate the development of healthy, vibrant and self-sustaining communities by addressing larger issues of education, food security, potable water, employment, community health, and disaster mitigation projects.
We are currently seeking a Disaster Relief Operations Manager & Technical Specialist to provide comprehensive coordination of logistical operations, technical support for department computers and communications equipment, collect and provide disaster intelligence, monitor and track weather events in real time and provide “planning support” for domestic disasters, special projects, and development of U.S. based programs.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Strong knowledge in computer and communications technology with an emphasis on Apple products and Ecosystems and the aptitude to stay up-to-date as technology advances.
· Expertise in Microsoft Excel building spreadsheets using formulas and extreme attention to detail.
· Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Quick Books highly desirable.
· Working knowledge of the GIS Web-based Mapping program preferred.
· Extreme resourcefulness with dedication to monitor breaking news, weather service reports, and gather pertinent emergency management data from disaster-effected locales. Training in Hurrevac is available but working knowledge preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong ability to establish professional rapport with outside public as well as OBI staff.
· Thorough research skills with ability to collate and disseminate emergency information with extreme accuracy.
· Strong project management skills with ability to assess needs, determine resources, communicate plans, monitor goals, and evaluate results.
· Solid decision-making and organizational skills.
· Excellent leadership capability during deployment exercising sound judgment, clear communication and organized site-management.
· Strong analytical skills with ability to work with systems, and develop reports.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team.
· Some travel required when field support is needed
OBI, headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with OBI’s mission and purpose, please submit an application and a link to your graphic design portfolio online by visiting www.ob.org. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.
- Organization: OBI - Operation Blessing International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Security policy
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Operations and Administrations
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-05-02