Technical Logistics Assistant - Procurement "Nationals Only" - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
The Technical Procurement Assistant will support the Technical Procurement Officer in the timely and efficient procurement of goods and services for the NRC Jordan programme in compliance with NRC’s internal policies and donor regulations.
- Adheres to NRC policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Provides basic assistance, information and/or training to staff on department’s policies and procedures.
- Identifies problems in area of own activities.
- Prepares and files accurate records of department activities and ensures all information is accurate and available in time.
- Provides support to the Technical Procurement Officer in the procurement of goods and services for the NRC Jordan programme in accordance with NRC and donor procurement policies and procedures
- Source appropriate suppliers in the local market for the procurement of goods and/or services based on specifications provided by programme staff
- Liaise with field logistics and programme staff to ensure timely delivery of procured goods and services
- Ensure paper and electronic records are maintained in a systematic manner in line with NRC's standard procurement procedures, providing a clear auditable trail
- Establish and maintain good professional working relationships with suppliers and contractors whilst strictly adhering to NRC's anti-corruption guidelines and NRC's code of conduct
- Assist the Technical Procurement Officer in conducting regular market surveys for commonly purchased goods and services and ensure the supplier database is updated with key supplier information
- Any other tasks as assigned by Line Manager
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate with a minimum of 1 year previous experience in procurement and logistics in a busy work environment. Good understanding of supply management, ability to handle information of a sensitive / confidential nature, have a high degree of competence in planning; management of resources; communication; and management of self, and to have a high level of English, both written and spoken.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, and familiarly with the local Jordanian market, have the ability to analyse data and ability to deliver under pressure.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: Through 31st of December 2017.
Salary/benefits: 842 JOD (subject to social security)
Duty station: Amman
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Services and Support
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-03-14