Senior Assistant, China country program
Assistant, China country program
The Senior Assistant (M&A) executes comprehensive administrative transactions for country program operation and office management. The Senior Assistant is in charge of processing budget executions and office cash controls in line with GGGI finance policies and accounting standards; carrying out procurement plans and managing contract payments; administering office HR requisitions and onboarding procedures; in keeping with GGGI policies, standards and donor requirements.
The role of Senior Assistant is executing administrative transactions in program operation and office management fully meeting established institutional policies, standards and donor requirements across budget execution, procurement & HR processes implementation and other operational functions.
- Master ERP functionalities and other M& A applications; provide technical assistance for the country team on the new system, applications, and reporting formats
- Inform the country team on the up-to-date procedures, policies and reporting requirement of all administrative transactions; provide alerts on upcoming deadlines for the country team
- Identify issues and risks that will affect consistent program and office operation and report to the Country Representative
- Execute office budget disbursement and spending following budget execution plans and schedule in line with yearly work programs and budget line
- Manage office bookkeeping and cash control; manage financing documents according to GGGI standards and rules; managing periodic office bank account reconciliation and book closing
- Administer procurement plans and manage contract payments in line with yearly work programs, outsourcing plans and budget lines.
- Administer country office HR requisitions and onboarding procedures based on approved headcounts
- Place initial screening and controls on country office spending, procurement requests and contract issuance(X5/X6)
- Verify data and provide consistency check on data entry and document from spending and expenses of country office operation
- Develop reports on country specific M&A issues (office banking solutions, visa processing, logistics solutions, etc.) based on identified needs and requests
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Administration, Organizational management international or other area development field and 1-3 years of working experience, preferably in an international setting
- Ability to review, synthesize information and produce high quality donor reports
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Experience coordinating successful functions and events (workshops, meetings, etc.) that are smoothly run and well-facilitated.
- Familiarity with Green Growth and China context, experiences dealing with government counterparts is preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Mandarin.
- Literate in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Comfortable and disciplined enough to work with flexible, entrepreneurial atmosphere (remote-work schedule, dynamic environment and structure)
- Takes initiative to engage opportunities to increase capacity and quality of work, including extending to proofing and policy writing in English and Chinese.
- Displays passion for climate change issues, and being part of a small country team that can make big impacts in the world.
- Detail-oriented striving for quality and consistency in all outputs and communications.
- Highly-organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Comfortable working both in a team and independently.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI's mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Process and share information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.