Strategic Planning Specialist/Manager
Strategic Planning Specialist/Manager Grade IS – Specialist/Manager Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit Division of Support Services Closing date 28 March 2017 Reporting to CFO and Director of Support Services Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/163 The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change — the defining challenge of our time. Jointly established by 194 Member States of the United Nations in 2010, GCF invests in transformational projects that build low -emission and climate-resilient economies in developing countries. The Fund will serve as an enabler of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, channelling significant financial resources to developing countries to make an ambitious contribution to global climate acti on.
To realize this unprecedented mission, GCF is expanding its workforce. It is seeking a Strategic Planning Specialist/Manager who will be part of a growing organization that offers exciting challenges and responsibilities. Position description
The Strategic Planning Specialist/Manager will be responsible for planning and coordinating the Secretariat’s strategy., the Work Program and long-range goals in alignment with the Board’s Work Plan and Strategic Plan. S/He will conduct organizational reviews in holistic/integrated manner to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and to evaluate operational effectiveness. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures, especially in Results Frameworks following international best practices. S/He relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and dir ects the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for overseeing the coordinated planning and implementation of GCF’s Work Program and medium to long range initiatives responding to the needs of the Board, major opp ortunities, and other policy and operational issues;
• The position will bring new and innovative thinking, collaborating cross -functionally to ensure effective implementation of strategic planning, results-based management systems and processes;
• Working closely with division heads, the position will facilitate the translation of relevant Board decisions related to GCF’s Strategic Plan and other policy intents into viable integrated tasks and priorities; • While aiming to enhance operational, economy , efficiency and effectiveness (i.e. Value for Money), the position will support cross divisional reviews and ensures results are reported in an integrated manner by leading and contributing to the development and strengthening of policies, systems and pro cesses; • The position oversees and guides organization -wide capacity building on results -based management, based on international best practices; and
• These cross-cutting functions require an integrated approach to the results -based management process,
including ensuring alignment with strategic and operational plans.
Required experience and qualifications
• Master’s degree in a relevant field: international development, economics, environmental studies, or othe r
relevant social science field;
• A minimum of 15 years of experience, including 7 years in a senior position, with international experience
in the area(s) of sustainable development, climate change or other relevant field;
• Proven capacity to lead strategic planning, results -based management framework developmen t and
execution, and process and system design;
• Experience working in international organizations or other matrixed organization;
• Demonstrates strong oral and written skills in English;
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight timelines; and
• Proficiency in another UN language us desired.
• Results orientation
• Client orientation
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to:
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Strategic Planning Specialist/Manager”
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.