Procurement and Logistics Technical Specialist - National Contract
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in 40 countries around the world.
DRC’s mandate is driven by three global strategic objectives within the DRC Assistance Framework: Saving lives and alleviation of immediate suffering among people affected by conflict, Safeguarding, restoration and development of livelihoods, and, Institutional and organisational change that contributes to protection of people’s rights and peaceful handling of conflict.
DRC has been operating in Greece since December 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens, in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Procurement and Logistics (line and functional management), the Procurement and Logistics Technical Specialist will perform an effective and efficient procurement, logistics and supply chain services in DRC Office in Athens for Attica region, ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity and compliance with established DRC rules and regulations. The Procurement and Logistics Technical Specialist shall work independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor.
Specifically, the Procurement and Logistics Technical Specialist will perform the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Support the entire process in the planning of logistics, procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, distribution, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities
- Supervise team of Procurement Assistants and Procurement Officers in their daily tasks, set up KPIs for his/her team, and ensures smoothly running processes in her/his department on a daily basis.
- Apply full compliance of logistics and procurement activities with the DRC Chapter 16, 17 and 18, DRC Financial Rules and Regulations, relevant Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions, as well to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Coordinate DRC Greece warehousing management, track and monitor incoming shipment, ensure proper implementation of DRC stock management
- Promote a zero-tolerance for violations of procurement policies and procedures.
Contracts Administration and Management
- Assist in negotiation of contract terms with bid winners and the selected contractors in the best manner achieving the best interest of DRC, its clients and beneficiaries
- Maintain all DRC’s documents on the server (NAS) and regularly update all document files and tracking forms related to logistic, procurement, warehousing, supply, vendor and fleet management.
- Negotiate, within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of poor performance or non-compliance with contractual obligations and convene meetings with contractors to allow ample opportunity for the identification and early resolution of potential disputes
- Assist in activities required by the contract including logistical support, accreditation, licensing, verification of goods, monitoring of activities and performance of subcontractors
- Prepare Purchase Orders, Amendments, and requests for contract awards and/or derogations for accumulated procurement values ensuring that all specifications, terms and conditions are clear and correct
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on procurement and supply chain activities and provide reports and updates
- Provide information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility
Logistics and Asset Management
- Support inventory management of all expendable and non-expendable items under the projects. Initiate regular warehouse physical inventory counting and prepare reports on it
- Initiate assets tagging, verification, maintenance, monitoring and write-off/disposal as may be appropriate in compliance with established rules and procedures
- Initiate customs clearance of imported supplies, materials, equipment and/or vehicles for all DRC assets held by projects
- Monitor life-cycle/shelf-life of assets and equipment
- In charge of maintain DRC fleet management and coordinate usage of fleet management among DRC sites in Greece.
- Ensure all stores and equipment held by the projects are stored safely, correctly and securely depending on item classifications
- Monitor all sub-equipment accounts to ensure there is no waste, fraud or misuse of equipment or materials and that surplus or excessive stocks of equipment are not being held
- Take full control on DRC fleet management.
- Support function of warehousing within DRC Greece operations and produce official release and receiving documents.
- Support DRC Greece logistics and procurement function and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the DRC supply chain.
- Provide regular submission of logistics and assets, in particular fleet management reports.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Completion of the University degree education with post-secondary training/certificate in Logistics, Procurement, Supply chain, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery and management of logistics and procurement services, warehousing, fleet and assets management
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
- Fluency in both verbal and written English and Greek languages mandatory.
Skills & Qualities
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the DRC values and ethical standards
- Good understanding of DRC business, operational environment and its beneficiaries and donors
- Strong analytical skills
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication; ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behavior and team spirit
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
Terms and Conditions
The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law, and all allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
All work related transport costs from duty station to other work sites are refundable.
All communication costs work related are refundable.
DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
The position will be based in Athens (Greece) and national terms and conditions apply.
The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
The employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization.
The employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period.
The employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization.
The employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request.
Interested? Then apply for this position on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
Applications close on 22nd of March 2017.
Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Athens
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2017-03-22