Grade IS – 3 Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit CFO and Division of Support Services Closing date 29 March 2017 Reporting to Head of Human Resources Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/134 The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change — the defining challenge of our time. Jointly established by 194 Member States of the United Nations in 2010, GCF invests in transformational projects that build low-emission and climate-resilient economies in developing countries. The Fund will serve as an enabler of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, channelling significant financial resources to developing countries to make an ambitious contribution to global climate action.
To realize this unprecedented mission, GCF is expanding its workforce. It is seeking a Recruitment Specialist who will be part of a growing organization that offers exciting challenges and responsibilities.
The Recruitment Specialist leads the critical talent acquisition function that is key to the development of the Green Climate Fund. The Specialist will manage end-to-end multiple, recruitment processes in a timely and effective way, ensuring that diverse qualified and highly competent candidates are presented for the GCF selection process. S/he will also make a significant contribution to organizational development issues and take part in the development and improvement of HRM policies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Partnering with hiring managers on organizational development, workforce planning and identifying future needs;
- Developing clear and accurate job descriptions, launching vacancy adverts internally and externally and/or supporting the procurement of the services of recruitment firms;
- Proactively managing the recruitment process so that it meets the required standards of quality, efficiency, effectiveness and timeliness;
- Ensuring completion of correct documentation and approvals;
- Working closely with candidates to finalize recruitments to acceptance of offer;
- Managing the onboarding and orientation of the new staff member;
- Constantly seeking to improve HR processes and contributing to the development of new policies, and;
- Contributing to other HR work as required .Required experience and qualifications
- Master’s degree in relevant subject e.g. human resource management or MBA with specialization in HRM;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in similar role in an international/global organization;
- Track record of successfully managing medium scale recruitment;
- Experience in up-to-date recruitment and selection techniques; and
- Experience in organizational development would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability work collaboratively with colleagues in the pursuit of organizational goals;
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills and focus on details;
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines;
- Willingness to work outside normal hours to accommodate communication with candidates in different time zones; and
- Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken); knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
- Building trust
- Planning and organizing
- Team work
- Client orientation
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to: email@example.com
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Recruitment Specialist”
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-03-29