Technical ICLA Assistant "Nationals Only" - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
The Technical Assistant position within NRC’s Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) programme is a challenging humanitarian position responsible for direct provision of information and counseling to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians on various topics including legal and civil documentation, housing, land and property rights and work rights both in field outreach and in NRC’s drop-in centers.
- Provides Core Competency technical support to beneficiaries.
- Adheres to NRC policies Core Competency tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Prepares and files accurate records of project activities and ensures all information is accurate and available in time.
- Reports protection concerns to line manager(s).
- Develops own weekly activity planning.
- Stays abreast of internal program SOPs and thematic/ counseling guidelines;
- Delivers information sessions and individual counselling to NRC Syrian and Jordanian beneficiaries on various topics including legal and civil documentation, housing, land and property rights and work rights
- Prepares and supports legal assistance to NRC beneficiaries;
- Ensures protection mainstreaming in field activities, including identification of cases for protection referrals;
- Undertakes day-to-day data collection and data entry related to field activities;
- Participates in field mapping exercises.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 1 year previous experience in NGO's. Technical expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Good level of English, both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Candidates residing in Mafraq are encouraged to apply.
Contract period: Through 31st December, 2017
Salary/benefits: 842 JD's subject to social security
Duty station: Mafraq
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Mafraq
- Grade: Services and Support - Administrative support
- Emergency Aid
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-03-26