NATIONAL POST: Programme Specialist, M&E, EECARO, Johannesburg, South Africa, NOC
This post is open only to nationals of South Africa
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), an international development agency founded in 1967, supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA committed its global, regional and country programmes to prioritize and scale up effective programmes for adolescents and young people with special attention to sexual and reproductive health including HIV prevention while providing evidence and advocating for the holistic development of young people.
The National Program Officer - Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist contributes to the quality assurance and the effective monitoring and evaluation of the Safeguard Young People Programme implemented in eight countries in Southern Africa.
He/she analyses and assesses the implementation of the programme including the political, social and economic trends in the Region and provides substantive inputs to UNFPA’s periodic reports – internal and external.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Master Degree in Statistics, Demography, Social Sciences, or Public Health; Postgraduate training in monitoring and evaluation an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a related field and/or research.
- Excellent computer skills especially Access, Excel, SPSS and GIS.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing, analysis and communication skills Excellent Writing skills in English. Knowledge of other UN language is an asset.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Johannesburg
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-03-24