Social Policy Specialist, (P4), Yaounde, Cameroon, Temporary Appointment
Under the guidance and supervision of the chief social policy, responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and advocating for resilience joint programme and decentralization.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Major duties and responsibilities: Fill in here key responsibilities
- Engage effectively in social policy/resilience dialogue with the Government, the UN agencies, the development partners and the civil society organizations for programme development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Support social policy/resilience activities through capacity development of key stakeholders, including at decentralized and community levels
- Develop advocacy and communication documents and foster partnership around social policy/resilience
- Support the management of UNICEF social policy/resilience programme
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience/competencies required for the assignment:
Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, International Finance, public relations, media, communication, or other relevant disciplines.
- WORK EXPERIENCE
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience.
- Developing country work experience (for IP)
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English and French.
i) Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Working with People
• Drive for Results
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts
• Relating and Networking
• Planning and Organizing
• Persuading and Influencing
• Leading and Supervising
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required
(Technical knowledge requirements specific to the job can be added here as required.)
- Knowledge of donor country's economic and political situation.
- Expertise to leverage UNICEF's competitive advantage.
- Expertise to deploy networking and mass media for fundraising and special events.
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required
- Understanding of UNICEF programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies (SDGs, UNDAF, HIV/AIDS, WFFC, MTSP, etc.)
- Understanding of Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming.
- Understanding of UN mission and system; and International Code of Conduct.
- Gender equality and diversity awareness.
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced
- Knowledge of UNICEF's financial regulations and rules, fundraising manual and fundraising strategy.
- Understanding of government policies, guidelines, legislation, and strategies related to fundraising.
- Understanding of UNICEF programme policies, goals, strategies, guidelines and approaches related to programme funding activities.
- UNICEF policies, strategies promoting and supporting gender equality and diversity.
- OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (Indicate what other skills and attributes required, such as computer knowledge, management or communication skills, negotiating or training ability, etc.)
*The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
** Please note that this is a re-advertisement. Candidates who have applied to the 1st round, will also be considered, and do not need to re-apply.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Yaoundé
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Social studies
- Closing Date: 2017-03-24