Head of Human Resources
Leadership opportunity not to be missed!
Europe’s Meteorological Satellite Agency (EUMETSAT) establishes, maintains and exploits European systems of operational Earth observation satellites for monitoring weather and climate.
We are now looking for a Head of Human Resources to act as a strategic business-partner for the technical departments for the delivery of our current and future missions.
We wish to recruit an inspiring leader to drive continued positive employee relations and improvements in our HR policies, recruitment, learning and development, performance and reward management, administration of benefits and Social Security services.
Supported by a strong team of HR business partners, specialists and administrative assistants, this opportunity offers the successful candidate the chance to work closely with senior management to shape the future of EUMETSAT. Applicants should therefore be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of HR best practices, proven leadership and change management skills in developing an HR function.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested then we’d love to hear from you!
Along with a university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject, you shall also have skills/experience in each of the following areas:
· At least 5 years in a management role in the HR field, preferably in an international or technical/scientific environment;
· Demonstrable and proven leadership of HR teams;
· Experience of managing, monitoring and controlling HR processes, including HR planning and budgeting, and familiarity with ERP and HR information systems supporting their implementation;
· Conceptual and analytical approach to HR problems and planning and achievement orientation;
· Ability to formulate “best practice” HR policies;
· Experience of change management and ability to negotiate and convince others and to generate cross-organisational buy-in;
· Experience of interactions with staff, including dispute resolutions, and of liaising with staff representatives ;
· Leadership, confidence and ability to communicate credibly and to build relationships at all levels within an organisation;
· Familiarity with quality and risk management would be an asset.
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. Candidates must have an excellent level of English and a working knowledge of French.
- Organization: EUMETSAT - European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites
- Location: Darmstadt
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Human Resources
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-04-12