ICLA Technical Assistant - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kandahar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Assist legal officer/trainer in developing training materials and conducting training on HLP, LCD and CDR topics
- Conduct information sessions and community sensitizations on HLP and LCD related issues
- Register legal/counselling cases on HLP/LCD and Basic Services
- Provide counselling on LCD counselling cases
- Assist legal officer/counsellor in provision of legal assistance to clients on HLP cases
- Follow up legal cases in court and inform Legal Officer on the progress of the cases
- Remain updated on current legislation and legal developments in Afghanistan;
- Accurately provide trainings’ data for data base assistant to be entered in the electronic database and/or any other data if required;
- Maintain and update hard copy files of trainings documents based on NRC filling system;
- Participate in preparation of monthly reports, thematic reports, annual reports or any other reports if needed;
- Participate in development of research, poster, leaflet, brochure, newsletter, calendar if required;
- Refer legal problems of training participant to legal to attention of relevant departments.
- Participate in mobile teams, when scheduled.
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled;
- Any other reasonable tasks as instructed by immediate supervisor
- • University degree from faculty of law or Sharia, and a thorough knowledge of Afghan law;
- • Work experience in the field of law (e.g. courts, attorney or legal aid agencies). Preferably experience in working with clients;
- Work experience from national or international organizations (Experience with returnees/IDPs issues is an asset);
- Familiarity with NRC's work in the region;
- Good computer skills.
- Fluency in Persian, Pashto and English languages would be regarded.
- Defense license is required
- Education title: Bachelor Degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kandahar
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-03-26