Regional SMART Advisor
YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
You will be involved in the development and dissemination of standardised training tools to build essential skills in SMART and to provide ongoing technical assistance to nutrition agencies during the survey process.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Respond to Humanitarian Survey Needs
- Training and Development
- Act as a technical point of contact and representative of SMART to all nutrition agencies in the Middle East and South Asia.
- Programme Management
- Research and Technical Development
- Pro-active exchange and collaboration with the SMART team
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
- You have a Post-graduate Degree in Nutrition/Public Health/Epidemiology/Statistics or a mix of relevant study and work experience.
- You have at least two-years of field experience undertaking nutrition and mortality surveys.
- You have advanced knowledge of epidemiology and statistics.
- You have demonstrated understanding and commitment to humanitarian principles.
- You have Comprehensive understanding of humanitarian coordination mechanisms.
- You have demonstrated understanding of the SMART methodology and ENA for SMART software.
- You have Strong facilitation skills for trainings, workshops and seminars.
- You have excellent networking skills.
- You are able to work independently and under tight deadlines, and to multi-task.
- You have positive attitude and strong analytical, interpersonal and coordination skills.
- You have experience in the development of concept notes, proposals and budget.
- Knowledge of the following tools preferred: EPI info and SPSS;
- Proficiency in a second language would be an asset (Arabic or French);
- Experience in the development of innovative training tools.
Please forward your Cover letter and copy of your complete CV including reference contacts to email@example.com
- Organization: Action Against Hunger
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2017-04-12