CON 2017/12 - Consultant-Trafficking in Persons -Yerevan, Armenia
Position Title :Consultant-Trafficking in Persons (Country Asssessment) Duty Station :Yerevan, Armenia
Classification Consultant, Grade OTHE
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 02 April 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the stakeholder response to combatting trafficking in persons in Armenia through development of a comprehensive TiP Country Assessment Report.
About the Project: The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the stakeholder response to combatting trafficking in persons in Armenia through development of a comprehensive TiP Country Assessment Report.
Objectives of the consultancy:
The main objective of the consultancy is to conduct a thorough TIP country assessment: design methodology, collect and process information, produce a written assessment report with a
concrete, actionable and gender sensitive set of recommendations in main TiP areas: identification and referral, assistance and protection, investigation and prosecution, prevention and coordination and cooperation.
Areas to be considered include, at a minimum:
1. Obstacles to prosecution of TIP cases in Armenia;
2. Bribery/corruption risks specific to TIP;
4. Reconciliation of volume of cases according to hotline and civil society versus prosecutions and investigations;
5. Law enforcement and border guard understanding/perception of TIP; 6. Public and government understanding of difference between smuggling, trafficking, and labor exploitation as independent concepts;
7. Country specific needs and gaps by type of trafficking (labor, sex, into, out of, or through Armenia);
8. Assessment of occurrence and needs for foreign victims;
9. Recommendations for next National Action Plan (NAP) on combating TIP in Armenia
Expected Duration of the Consultancy: 1 May 2017 – 30 September 2017
Target: The Counter Trafficking Working Group chaired by the Foreign Ministry, members of the Counter Trafficking Working Group, NGOs providing assistance to victims, TiP victims, other relevant bodies of the Armenian Government, civil society, counterparts, etc. Reports to: Head of Office, IOM Mission in Armenia
Page 1 / 4Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1) Finalize TiP Country Assessment methodology;
2) Conduct desk review, information gathering (materials to be collected by the expert and provided by IOM Armenia);
3) Visit Armenia and conduct meetings and interviews with the relevant government and non-government stakeholders in Armenia;
4) Develop questionnaires based on the preliminary results of the assessment mission; Cooperate with local consultants in collecting information and steer their work; 5) Implement in-country validation/ presentation workshops;
f6 Produce the Country Assessment Report;
7) Progressively report on implementation of the activities; mid-term submission of a draft report and final report submission, incorporation of inputs by IOM Mission in Armenia and other stakeholders as suggested by IOM Armenia; and
8) Meet the deadlines set for the assignment.
Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment:
TiP Country Assessment Report
Performance indicators for evaluation of results:
• Satisfactory completion of tasks indicated in the ToRs
• Quality of consultancy and elaborated analysis
• Adequate and prompt provision of the technical inputs
• Timely delivery of drafts and deliverables as indicated these ToR-s.
• Compliance with the “MA/436: IOM Guidelines on Research Report Writing” (2010); “IN/65:
IOM House Style Manual” (2013); “IN/171: IOM Spelling List” (2013) as well as “IN/00138: IOM Data Protection Principles” (2009).
• Adequate demeanour
Contracted consultant or individual members of a consultancy organization is not permitted to use any of his/her gathered data, reported findings, contributions to the draft and final reports to further his/her personal research.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Completed advanced university degree in Social Science, Political Science, International Relations or Law. Education in a migration related field is an asset.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant analytical and research experience, preferably on TiP issues in South-Eastern, Eastern Europe and Central Asia; Previous similar experience in countries in the South Caucasus will be considered as an advantage
• Proven experience with international organizations, think tanks
• In depth understanding of gender aspects of TiP
• Excellent drafting ability. Previous publications on migration/TiP is required • Excellent understanding of the research subject matter, as well as relevant international and regional policies/programmes
Page 2 / 4• Familiar with the local context surrounding the research issue • Familiar with the academic and research literature on the subject matter or able to draw on expertise of those who do
• Up to date with the developments in the research and existing relevant global and regional counter trafficking processes
• Ability to understand the goals and modalities/methodology of research • Experience in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis
• Excellent Interviewing and listening skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• IOM encourages applications from qualified female applicants.
• Consultancy is subject to local recruitment.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by IOM following receipt of their CV and cover letter.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 02 April 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html Page 3 / 4In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 14.03.2017 to 02.04.2017
Requisition: CON 2017/12 - Consultant-Trafficking in Persons -Yerevan, Armenia (55006402) Released Posting: Posting NC55006421 (55006421) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Yerevan (Armenia)
- Grade: OTHE
- Closing Date: 2017-04-02
Regional Equity Situation Analysis of Children and Women (SitAn) 2019 consultant, (6 months),(Open for non-Ethiopian Nationals)UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
FS-6, Field Service - No need for Higher Education - Internationally recruited position
P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
New York City (United States of America)